1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to sign Conroy, send Taylor to D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matt Maloney, Jan 27, 2010.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ROFLMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Finally they are bringing in Conroy.. He was my favorite PG during the summer/preseason. I thought he was our best ball distributor and we finally get to see what he can do in the NBA level.

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Game's over. Kind of a blowout; I watched late (during lunch).

Anyone know if Taylor played and how he did? Can't seem to get a boxscore on the NBADL's website.

4. worzel gummidge

That was Mike Green. Conroy was playing like another shoot first point.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the Rockets can get a star playmaking perimeter player in a trade, I could just as easily see Brooks as the one that gets traded. If there are enough shot creators and scorers around him, Lowry can excel as the PG. He does so many things that the Rockets and coaches value.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why are we sending him down??? :confused: He's HOT!!! :eek:
    [​IMG]

7. tested911

tested911 Member

Nope it was Will Conroy.. He doesn't have a shooters mentality.. Look at the way he breaks down the defense when he attacks the rim only to kick it out to an open man.. It was Steve Nash like ( I'm not saying he's even close to Steve ) But he looked more like a PG than any of our other PG..

AB = Shoot first PG
    Lowry = Drive to the basket, draws fouls (ala Allen Iverson)
    Conroy = was purely there for passing out to other teammates..

It doesn't show on the stat sheet but it showed in his game play how we was able to draw an extra defender away from his man... It really caught my eye then I kept following him in the summer league.. I walked away very impressed and was hoping he would take the last roster spot instead of Mensah-Bonsu..

His stats in the D-League and college suggest he's a great assist man.. Hopefully it can translate to this type of team.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Another possible angle is a Bosh trade. There were rumors earlier that the Rockets were considering offering a deal for Bosh that did not involve Tmac. If so Calderon's contract might be part of the package, and either Brooks or Lowry along with Landry or someone else could be involved. Perhaps even coupled with a seperate Tmac for Iggy and Dalembert trade. Then you have a "big 3" of AI, Bosh and Yao next year.

Of course I tend to agree that there is a very strong chance that the Conroy move means nothing other than they want to see how he does in practice and fill a roster spot for a week or so.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If he were a requisite piece then wouldn't JT playing = JT risking injury? (Yeah, yeah, he could slip in the shower or get shot outside a nightclub).

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is JT going down to RGV to be Conroy's replacement at the point? If so is Conroy up to assure JT minutes down there?

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Running the offense in a general sense just means he will be playing in the same offense, as opposed to past D league teams where the offense and defensive schemes were completely different from their NBA partners.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Any quality member here should get credit. Even if its the original member. Its called respect and class. Sometimes you just want to get the relevant facts and info without the "Fail and Own" culture involved in it. And to have Sam Elliott worked into a thread about calling up a point guard from the D-League.

Classic GARM. I'm with you on that.

1 person likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Which is one way to parse that; another is he is running the Point. Tyreke-esque running the point or Brooks - esque running the point or playing in a similar offense? Does anyone know definitively? What is the answer, DD?

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Damn, I like Conroy but I hope it isn't Lowry that's going to be involved in a trade ... Lowry and Landry are my heroes! :(

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I'm really lost with what this team is doing. Budinger has been a streaky shooter this season with some very poor defensive outings. I can't see why JT could never get off the bench.

The Chronicle said it was because Budinger was a much better shooter off the screens during preseason/summer, but this team needs a SG who can slash or try to create his way to the basket. Von Wafer is not an option.

16. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

FYI: Conroy still played for RGV today. Taylor will probably play tomorrow.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I doubt he will be running the PG position, in the same sentence it mentions he will be running the defensive components, which doesn't mean he will be calling the defensive sets. Anything is possible I suppose, but it seems unlikely to me.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Conroy already operates the pick and roll better than Brooks and Lowry, which is essential in being a real PG imo.