1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to sign Conroy, send Taylor to D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matt Maloney, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

my opinion...

1. I have always thought we needed another point guard... especially when AB has been playing around 40 minutes a game because of playing as a 2 guard as well as starting as the PG... but mostly for situations like tonight when the team loses a PG one way or another ie. AB gets in foul trouble or heaven forbid one of them get injured. I do not want Trevor handling the ball - it's like when we had Luther doing it - out of his skill set.

2. They want to get JT some playing time... which he is not going to get with the situation as it currently is. We've sent Joey down there, we've sent Aaron down there... it's not a BAD thing to go down and get some running time on the court. I would have liked seeing him down there much earlier in the Dleague season... but going down now gives him time to gain some confidence so that if the team DOES have to trade someone above him in the rotation with Tmac, he will be ready/ or at least more ready/ to contribute.

(I should so be in bed.. but the Rockets have me all upset :( and I can't sleep yet )

2. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

EXACTLY .........and it's only a freaking 10-day contract for Will Conroy. :rolleyes:

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Lowry. I love your game. Wished we could keep you. But you are a pending free agent and Brooks has another year left on his rookie deal. We couldn't get New Orleans to trade us CP3 for Brooks and expirings so we are keeping him and you are probably headed to Philly. Your career will continue to go upward there. They need a hometown homey in Philly, especially one of your ilk. Thanks for the memories kid.

I love Kyle Lowry. But he's a goner.

4. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Hopefully it works out 4 him..I'm sure he'l do a great job their

5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Bringing Conroy up after only 12 games with the Vipers, to a team that is set with two good point guards, seems like a strange move. Makes you wonder if they're not looking to deal one of the guards.

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What if it's Conroy we are trading? :eek:

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

About time.

DD

8. albuster

albuster Member

It's about time the Rockets get a true PG who can distribute the ball and make pin point passes. None of the current PG's are really good ball distributors so Conroy is a breath of fresh air. Hopefully, Adelman and DM will see it that way.

9. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-rJrZsz-6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-rJrZsz-6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Great move. I don't know a lot about Conroy but I think JT getting some time and building his confidence is a great thing for the future of this team. It sounds like he has the right attitude and a great work ethic and we know he has the athleticism and the will to impact the game on both ends of the court. I see good things for this kid over the next few years. My dream is that this kid is Carl Landry at the SG position.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Conroy has some short arms.

Conroy and Pops really should have made the club over Joey Dorsey.

12. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

So that leaves us with one SG in Budinger who's on the bench
    Two SFs still with both not playing well and one at the wrong position

Probably means nothing more than a shortening of the rotation to 9 players indefinetly. Rick is stubborn, no starting lineup change or a trade in the making.

13. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

That's sort of what's irritating me with RA. He's a great coach no doubt, I and I like that he doesn't make knee-jerk decisions also. HOWEVER, you can only beat your head against a wall for so long before it does brain damage. Battriza is clearly not working...one has to go to the bench. What is it now, 9 losses from 13 games?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good points, thanks. But a question: You really don't feel the team needs a 3rd PG? The Rox are a turned ankle from 'disaster'. Another example is last night when it would have provided some insurance as AB was point-sonna non grata to the refs and Lowry looked to be dragging a bit at times.

Side question: do I read the announcement correctly that Taylor will be playing point in RGV?

15. SergioValencia

You don't follow the other teams too much besides the Rockets do you? Ever heard of Louis Williams?

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If the rockets could somehow pry Speights away from Philly in having to include Lowry in a deal, I would have to seriously consider it. Speights is going to be a gem one of these days.

#56 jump shooter, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  17. RedOctober67

RedOctober67 Member

Maybe they like Lowry's Intensity....

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

This move has nothing to do with a trade and everything to do with Jermaine Taylor getting more playing time.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They could have sent him down WITHOUT bringing up Conroy.

I think it probably has a little to do with some of the offers......where they want to see if he can play backup PG....in case they move Lowry.

DD

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Keep believing that. Convince yourself. Lowry is an expiring contract that is fixing to get paid on the free agent market. Conroy is his replacement my friend. Lowry's days here are numbered unless a colossal trade for CP3 comes through and we send out Brooks (NOT LIKELY).