1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to meet with Andre Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really, he is an afterthought in GSW, a bench guy. He would automatically be a starter here. I dont even know about the money part I mean GSW wants to pay all their other stars first, KD has a max and Curry is about to get a max too and they have other pieces they also need to retain like Livingston. Winning part is overrated he already has 2 rings how many does he need?

The clincher has got to be his importance, it's like a real employee at the office the awards, salary and benefits are nice but what really determines whether an employee stays or not is whether he feels appreciated for what he does. I don't think Iggy is as appreciated as the other GSW stars otherwise he would just resign immediately like what Green did.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

??? What does Capela have to do with anything just offer Iggy the full mid level and promise him the starting job as well as a large role in the offense, problem solved. At least make him think twice about resigning with GSW.

PhiSlamma15 and Moleb like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Iguodala would be a huge addition to the Rockets, and you could even argue he would be as impactful as Melo. It has nothing to do with his scoring, but his defense.

The problem right now for the Rockets when they play Golden State is Ryan Anderson and James Harden are both defensive liabilities that get exposed.

If you add Iguodala to Paul and Ariza, suddenly you have three guys that defensively can make Curry, KD and Klay work to get theirs. And Capela or Harden can guard Draymond. It becomes a much closer matchup.

BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Iggy is not coming here, I'll bet $100. Takers?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What happened to Ariza?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  6. seeingred

seeingred Member

Love Iggy. Still wear my Iggy 76ers jersey at inappropriate situations. One of my first posts here was wanting to pair him with Kevin Martin. But if he's leaving GSW, it's got to be for money and a starter's role. We can only offer 1. Cool that we got a meeting though.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

plus he can be our Ariza replacement...Ariza's contract expires after next season and Iggy would provide insurance for us if we don't want to pay Ariza next summer

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Dude is Captain America. Hope we get him.

9. mockster

mockster Member

Iggy would be a terrific player off the bench with Gordan.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think about the only thing we could offer him that GSW can't is a starters role, but that means moving Ariza to the bench or trading him....don't see either.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Or they could go small just like the Warriors do, with Ariza or Harden guarding fours depending on matchups.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Or you bench Anderson and commit to small ball and a more defensive identity.

Paul
    Harden
    Iggy
    Ariza
    Capela

Ego
    Anderson
    Nene

Von Rafer, vator and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

It doesn't matter, I think either way he gets more playing time in Houston

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Love him too. Has been an interesting career for the other AI. Has always neen an underrated all around player. Very solid playmaker and high IQ who provides versatility all over the court. I didn't realize how efficient he has been lately. He just does what Warriors need but I think he can still ball with the best of em and be a 15 ppg player in about 28 minutes with Paul and Harden distributing. The more I think about this the more I like it. James needs some other leaders on this team that can pick him up when he is down. AI and Paul are 2 of the best when it comes to that so they should have Harden's respect. Now we just got to convince AI to accept MLE.

vator likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Given a choice between Iggy and Trevor, I'd stick with Mister Ariza. Wouldn't mind having both, but if Iggy wants to get paid, he needs to look elsewhere, in my opinion. If Daryl is tossing money around, toss it at Milsap.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd take Iggy over Ariza as a player. He can defend as good as Trevor. But he can do a lot more on offense than just spotting up.

That said, Iggy would be much more expensive.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I mean, it's not like GS will be facilitating a S&T with us, so we'd use our MLE on Iggy, which is well below market value. Millsap is definitely going to be more than 20 mil per, so we wouldn't be able to use the MLE at all with him. Acquiring one doesn't have any impact on our ability to acquire the other, except for the hard cap.

#157 Fullcourt, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I'd def bench Anderson...2nd unit just got stronger along with the 1st unit installing Iggy

Von Rafer and BigMaloe like this.
  19. rockets13champs

Anyone in LA and can spot Iggy, Morey?

20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What would the Rockets need to do to make this happen? I don't see the MLE getting it done.