1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to meet with Andre Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2017.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

All we can offer is 4 years $36 million (full MLE) so I guess it's good he's still meeting with us.

Still have doubts that he leaves GSW, but there are those Rudy Gay rumors....

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Man this guy outta nowhere has EVERY Rockets related scoop.

BigMaloe and Fullcourt like this.
  3. threepointshot3

Paul and Harden need to sweet talk this guy and stress the importance of how bigger his role will be in HTown

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I really don't get this one. Iggy is a good player but he's old and not a needle mover for us

koby1868 likes this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Completely disagree. Iggy would be a massive addition for us. He's only 33 and his game has aged very well.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is Iggy not a needle mover? He's like a rich man's Ariza, can go toe to toe and defend the best players in the league.

And, GSW loses a valuable defender I mean KD isn't exactly a lockdown guy it was Iggy making Harden, Kawhi and Lebron work every time they match up. SF is the biggest hole the Rox have and if they can sign Iggy for the full MLE and promise of a starting job then Morey should pounce all over that.

I don't even understand the "can't shoot" label, Iggy shot 36% from 3 last year which is respectable average. We aren't breaking the bank and giving him the max so I dunno what the hang up of others are supposed to be.

Pat, seeingred and Reeko like this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

this is such a waste of time

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think you're trying to say geezer? This is a geyser.

[​IMG]

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't see him signing for any less than Eric Gordon got.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

So let's say we use our MLE on Iggy. Are we comfortable with our front court, and limited options going forward?

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we can steal him away from gsw that would be great!

they won't do a S&T, they can offer more money than us, and a better chance at a title. the only advantage we have is his role will be bigger. i think he's using us for leverage.

i think we should be pushing for a 3rd star right now, not wasting time on guys like this just yet. once we get the 3rd star, meetings with borderline guys like iggy will be much easier to convince one to take the MLE at a chance at dethroning the warriors. guys like redick, gay, rose, illyasova might sign on the cheap to come off the bench of a superteam.

need that third star FIRST.

Von Rafer likes this.
  12. threepointshot3

He did an amazing job on Lebron in the 2015 finals and won the finals MVP. Dude given a bigger role will thrive here

roslolian likes this.
  13. finsraider

finsraider Member

We would basically offer him the same role here as he has in GSW...so money, role and winning is all better where he is.

Fullcourt likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Few 33 yr olds can play like him. He is a needle mover.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

already have EGO, JH, TA......and need solid 4 man......already lost PG.......so waste time helping iggy extract more $ from GS......D-Logic

16. threepointshot3

Not really, I think he will have a larger role here on the offensive end like his days in Denver and Philly.

roslolian likes this.
  17. threepointshot3

I think he will have a larger offensive role here. Like he did in Denver.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

The question is if we don't get Iggy are you comfortable with Ariza matching up against Kevin Durant, Lebron James and Kawhi Leonard? Cuz as good as Ariza is he isn't able to contain those guys at all.

The frontcourt of Nene/Anderson/Capela needs work but if we start the season with those it isn't the end of the world, I'm a lot more comfortable with Nene/Anderson/Capela handling the frontcourts of team then I am with Ariza/Troy Williams handling Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard and Lebron James. Every contender has a franchise SF right now you can't rely on just Ariza to contain those guys.

Plus Rockets have a plethora of interesting big men. We don't know how Onuaku, Zhou Qi, Hartenstein and Oliver are gonna perform maybe they do a Capela and have a rapid improvement during the season. Our offense is extremely friendly to big men since Cp3 and Harden already set the table they just need to dunk the ball every play.

No Chance likes this.
  19. rockets13champs

I want the Iguana

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would still advocate for keeping Capela if we can.