1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to meet with Andre Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2017.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

We always get close, but we never seem to be able to secure those final pieces to truly become legit contenders. We signed Dwight and never got that 3rd star even though we chased them all and now it seems like history is repeating itself unfortunately. I hope not, but not looking good so far. I love the addition of CP3, but we NEED another piece just to legitimize this team as a true threat.

ilovehtownbb and Zboy like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Crazy that they are keeping the whole thing together. Good for the warriors ownership. They are forking out serious cash over the next 4 years to win a dynasty.

craguin likes this.
  4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I didnt want him, but i didnt want him on the warriors.

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Good job Daryl. Any free agent he pursues and does not get seems to have some bad karma with them. Perfectly executed.

HakeemOnlyFan and cbass like this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We can't expect everyone to be dumb like OKC and not realize they have something worth paying for.

HakeemOnlyFan, Zboy and justtxyank like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. justtxyank

Right? Warriors have to be committed to winning at any cost. Wish they had been a little more spend thrift here and lost one of their guys geez lol

Pen15clubber and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  9. mockster

mockster Member

Dam it, warriors have the best starters and bench players. It's beyond super team it's just Cheat codes at this point

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I actually still think this is a win. They drove up the price the Warriors had to pay to keep him substantially. It's going to hurt them long term when they start paying that huge luxury tax.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There is a bunch of guys we were never going to get. I know Clutchfans gets excited about any rumor, but reality is different. We just don't have the money or the assets to dish out. Morey has done a great job, but he isn't a magician no matter how badly you guys want him to be. Set your expectations accordingly.

Voltik and Know Your Role like this.
  12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Glad I was able to add to this...rather console those of us who did not want Andre here.

I'm not a fan.

I'll take Trev. :)

Next target? There isn't one...they're every damn where lol

13. justtxyank

I don't think it will end up mattering. In two years when iggy has slowed down considerably they'll just deal him off to some team with cap space and attach a second round pick.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  14. touring_low

touring_low Member

**** him, now lock this thread up and throw the keys away. Hope GS enjoys that tax bill.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Just like I wrote.

Why would he leave a role that he's accustomed to? It would be idiotic. It was all smoke. This is Dre's last contract.

D-rock, ElPigto and BigMaloe like this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

That's 16m to Iggy and 8m to Shaun.

24m to to bench players when both curry and Durant are over 30m each and klay and dray coming up for pay raises.

Williamson likes this.
  17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They'll have to include a 1st rounder or two at the least. If the Warriors are still anywhere near as good in the third year their second rounders will be 60th picks. Who the hell is taking on 15 million in salary for the 60th pick? You can buy a 60th pick for less than a million.

*edit: at 3 years 48 million, it'll likely be closer to 17 million in the third year. Getting into Ryan Anderson territory. Although probably even a 37 year old Iggy will be exponentially better than Ryan Anderson.

#517 Williamson, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    HakeemOnlyFan and BigMaloe like this.
  18. justtxyank

Well see. I'm just betting they don't end up hamstrung by any of this. We've been waiting for the luxury tax to break up super teams for awhile. Smart teams figure out ways to make it work

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member