1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to hire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 26, 2016.

?

Doyou agree with the Rockets decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as their new head coach?

1. YES

152 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. NO

639 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

At least it's nice to agree/mourn together.

[​IMG]

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clyde Drexler says he trusts Les Alexander's decision making on a coaching hire. Hopes D'Antoni has learned from NYK &amp; LAL <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; SiriusXM NBA Radio (@SiriusXMNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/735950136401141760">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Dudley would be a great addition.

4. conquistador#11

drexler is his right hand.

5. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

This is so fucc up. Take them so long and conduct so many interviews to hire someone not any other teams wanted. Wasting everyone's time.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raptor assistant Rex Kalamian interviewed but feeling all along was it was D'Antoni's job <a href="https://t.co/sFRQAu6MtU">https://t.co/sFRQAu6MtU</a></p>&mdash; Doug Smith: Raptors (@SmithRaps) <a href="https://twitter.com/SmithRaps/status/735948103635734528">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Harden's beard

and people still blame Harden for everything that's wrong with this team, when time and time again our owner and front office fails to surround Harden with a quality coach and teammates? i'm so sick of this man. when the fu*k are we gonna experience good coaching? when the fu*k are we gonna have a legit second star?

8. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Of course I voted NO, but I hope like hell that all of us are wrong. Stranger things have happened.

9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Yeah and Isaiah Canaan is an all star

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Good luck selling tickets to this mess. Toyota Center will be empty as hell next year!

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

We were essentially unanimous about thinking that Ty Lawson was going to work.

We are essentially unanimous about thinking MDA will fail. Would love to be wrong...

1 person likes this.
  12. kcarro

kcarro Member

My goodness can we fire Les Alexander!!!!! What a mess!!!!

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I hope we can't sign enough free agents to field a team and we have to forfeit every game

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Unbelievable that they didn't hear any of the fan backlash to the D'Antoni rumors and went ahead with the hire. Les is out of his mind.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h4em8_iu-Tw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not gonna lie, I was more upset when McHale got hired. Maybe I have prepared myself for this. Now I'm like "meh"

17. houtown

houtown Member

Well, this organization is full with a bunch of phony losers who think they know what it takes to win, and losers are attracted to losers. At least it is not "our" team as some people on this forum would like to think. Let them suffer the consequences of their actions.

If I was the majority of the fans, I would just stop caring, not worth caring about something you can't control anyway. So many things you can do to better your life than care for someone else's team, especially if they are making decisions contrary to your beliefs. I sometimes debate this Myself about why I care so much for something that has nothing to do with Me? But sports in general can be the opiate of the masses, leading you to be distracted from the real issues going on in your life and in the world. This organization obviously does not care about it's fan base unless the money is rolling in, and the decisions being made now only exemplify that.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

We always are

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Les got his way. Glad he's happy.

20. AnthonyJFranks

My problem isnt MDA its the personnel that More is gong to give him to work with. Either we are going to be like the Suns or the Knicks in this situation. I dont think its going to be a healthy medium.