1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to face Thunder in 1st Round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 12, 2020.

?

Rockets v. Thunder

Poll closed Aug 18, 2020.
  1. Rockets in 4

5.4%
  2. Rockets in 5

22.2%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.2%
  4. Rockets in 7

14.9%
  5. Thunder in 7

4.2%
  6. Thunder in 6

8.8%
  7. Thunder in 5

1.9%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.3%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yet Harden's most memorable playoff series in a red jersey included several clutch plays against GSW in 2018 made by who exactly?

Running mate called Paul.

CP's midrange and 3s are pretty wet in the last 5 minutes of the 4th when he is healthy.

Harden being much better in all the other regular season games doesn't change that fact.

I do not think there is much to gloat honestly.

Rockets are faves but OKC got a chance to upset if they still healthy and overachieve.

The Thunder were projected to be a 30 win team in 82 games after the trade IIRC.
    Look where they are.

(Luguentz Dort, Roberson, CP3 all those defenders, interesting names, Shai GA should have a big series if they want to have a chance.)

#181 daywalker02, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Also, rather than Cp3, I'm more afraid of SGA. That guy attacks the basket haaaard and without an interior defender he's gonna put up a lot of points. On the flip side though, 3 will always be more than 2, and I am NOT afraid of Ferguson, Roberson, Bazeley, and Lugentz Dort. As long as we make 3s they won't be able to keep up. This might be the only series where House will be the best wing on the floor (I see gallo as more or a stretch 4 at this point).

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Gallo is going to be a problem too with his ability to shoot over our guys. Schroeder has historically torched the Rockets and Adams is gonna dominate.

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

A whole new story about trust, betray, revenge in nba history begins, ppl would love to gossip on n on in coming years.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Tucker
    RoCo

Going to come out of their slump

Defense should be top priority

Too much firepower

Rockets in 5

don grahamleone, D-rock and Theking like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We need house to have confidence. His playoffs performances have been abysmal. Gallinari scares me. Hopefully Gordon will be able to play strong D against their guards. Adams may feast but we should get open looks.

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

This won't be easy but truth be told there are no easy outs in the West this season.

I think House Jr. will play well in this series and Green will shine too.

Rockets in 6.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

YES!!!!! Love this way better than another ugly ass Jazz series. This has everything a play-off series needs, especially during the bubble.

BeBreezy and D-rock like this.
  9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

with rus I was saying maybe 5 or 6. without rus maybe we win or lose in 7.

without a second star James has to carry too much of the offensive load. if its a close game he won't have the legs at the end to finish. he'll settle for step back contested 3s instead of driving. tucker's legs run out from too many minutes, his 3 starts to look real flat. things can go downhill quickly if rus isn't back soon.

Hakeemtheking, jcmoon and daywalker02 like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm assuming Russ isn't playing. In that case, OKC in 6 or 7. Roberson has always been the best Harden defender, and if Russ is out, the rest of our team is pretty damn bad at playmaking.

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This gonna come down to some coaching. Will Dantoni adjust or see we just gonna play the numbers game? Jack up 80 threes in a game. You make 1/3 you win!

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think the worst thing we can do is shorten the rotation to seven.....we need to play 9 men and still run.

i think we should just roll the dice and play clemons. he looked really good last game. frazier has been decent on defense, but can't hit enough shots. give austin rivers and clemons the green light to shoot and create plays....they are going to double harden and with PJ and roco not shooting well, let clemons stroke that deep 3. i'd rather them go for the rebound.

DeBeards and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And then he got hurt....again. He’s routinely come up short due to performance or injury.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Don't have a good feeling about this series, not a good matchup for us. Also, as others have said, highest embarrassment potential which the Rockets love losing in those situations.

Role players gonna have to make more of their shots than they have been lately, especially if they don't have Westbrook to mix up the offense a bit.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So many whiny ass Debbie Downers. Gentleman’s Sweep for the ROX. YOu think a broke down and decrepit CP3 is going to outclass James Harden?? You know how much Russ wants to make a spectacle of this?

"oh nooo whoo whoo" Suck it up man. This **** is in the bag.

D-rock and Theking like this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm confident that Harden will win the matchup with CP3, but your other point concerns me. We know when WB tries too hard he turns it over and gets out of control. Also, OKC's role players are just a lot better than HOU's. We could win of course but gotta shoot better than we have been.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Yes and at times when Westbrook if on the court...

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sadly, I agree with this. Which is why, healthy or not, Russ will have to play. And that, in turn, might cripple him and us for the second round if we go through.

DeBeards likes this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

cp3 doesn't have to outclass james. he has good consistent help around him, James does not. cp3 can score 18 and they can still win. james can score 38 and still lose

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is my biggest fear -- that the man will die on the beach, exhausted, trying to will his team to victory. Without another star that can attract the other team's defenders, OKC is going to be swarming on Harden.