1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' Thread Censoring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomjc, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When will things swing? When will we be able to start monitoring and controlling what the Rockets organization does? I feel the time is near.

2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've only seen certain things being removed from the forum. I'm not going to say what it is but trade purposals for Yao Ming isn't it.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Believe you me Les has a big thumb! Through that thumb he keeps tabs and pressure on all that effects the Rockets. Including our Forum.

By the way the hate of many recent members lead by Lebigez against Yao Ming is quite appalling and quite disturbing to serious Rocket's and Yao Ming Fans. It would not surprise me if the topic has not been discussed at Board Room Level, resulting in concern among Players & Management alike. :p

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Let us not get too big for our boots lest we become as thick as two short planks. :p

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

HA!!!! By Bad 1984.... Dang this OLDTimers Disease

Big Brother

[​IMG]

6. redao

redao Member

For a BBS with low credibility, there is nothing censorship worthy.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Looks like the jig is up.

Yes, it is true. I am the Rocket's Grand Clutchfans Inquisitor.

IGNORE ME!

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL

Rocket River

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All censored threads are moved to the Styx forum, where they are woven into booties for Yao's baby.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That being said, what are the consequences of global enlarging?

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Just to clarify something. The Rockets did not make Clutch change the name. He chose to do it, to prevent them from having any leverage over him with the name change. That should give credibility to the fact that he doesn't take their advice on what to censor, unless they have a very good reason for asking for it.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep its a conspiracy, Doc Rocket provided a lot of insider info some years ago, but now he isnt posting, maybe the rockets ban him from this site to prevent leaking information! :p

obviously im joking about banning him.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Fortunately Clutchfans is credible and was credible when it was Clutchcity.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Although Clutch would be the person to speak on this, I do believe he changed his name as a preemptive strike to keep the NBA off his back.

As I recall during that time several sports fan sites had been shut down by the perspective leagues for using images, logos etc... I believe Clutch said that one reason he kept the website free from banners for so long was because if the league felt like the fan board was making money off of their product they would go after them. I think the Rockets let it be known to Clutch that they felt like ClutchCity belonged to them since Rudy T coined the phrase but I don't recall Clutch saying the Rockets made any formal demands when he addressed his reason for changing the name of the website.

I seem to also recall Clutch saying that he had a good relationship with the Rockets and I do know that Rockets officials have frequently posted here and used the board for their purposes from time to time.

I hope Clutch will chime in on this in case my memory is faulty but I believe it to be correct.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

afaik, both you and Castor are right.

just like I wont take any money for the videos, I do that to keep the NBA off my back. I figure as long as they think I am not making money off their product, they wont bother with me.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Oh man, you're in trouble now. Last person to talk about censorship and trading Yao ended up stranded in Siberia. Burn your house and fake your death, delete your account, change your name and get a new passport. go to another country. You'll in deep trouble now.

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I remember Clutch getting some heat before because Clutchfans.net was booming and the Rockets organization wanted more hits for Rockets.com. Something to that effect. It may be unrelated, but I think I remember the rockets not granting Clutch a press pass because of the situation. I may be wrong on the details, but I remember something like that happening.

18. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Size does matter

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The only ones who can sensor threads are Clutch and the crew.

The Rockets aren't on here like an overlord, but they are on here keeping their fingers on the pulse of Rocket fans everywhere.

DD

20. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

DD is an inside spy, with over 65,000 posts he's been sent to infiltrate us!