1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets target three bigs, unlikely to get any of them

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockzilla, Feb 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Deron Williams to NJ Nets for Favors and draft picks

2. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

damn, that's how you trade for superstar players.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Dang Morey? You couldnt jumpon that? Oh well I guess we didnt have a Favors but we had alot of picks and almost stars.

4. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Utah seems like its rebuilding. We should try to get Okur. Not sure what his contract looks like.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Why would Utah trade Deron Williams to a Western Conference team if they can send him to the East and get a guy like Derrick Favors in return?

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont know but Favors is gonna be worse than Patterson is all I know.

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

We should try a trade for Al Jefferson.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i will retract all my hate for the morey worship if he could pull that off.

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

So asinine! :mad:

Whether or not we get or could've gotten the mythical "big fish" we need has, so far, had very little to do with Morey.

- Bosh wasn't coming here, as he and his boys hatched that plan at the Beijing games.

- Melo wasn't going anywhere but NYC and that was abundantly clear almost from the beginning.

- He offered Gortat the MLE and Orlando matched.

- He had a trade worked out that would've netted us Ty Chandler that MJ pulled out of at the 11th hour.

- He had a trade worked out with the Suns for Amare, but the Suns would not allow a physical and Amare's agent made it clear he wouldn't sign an extension here (wanted NYC).

- He turned V-Span into Scola.

- He turned Rafer Alston into Kyle Lowry.

- He turned McGrady's corpse and Carl Landry into a 23 ppg scorer that's under 30 and a power forward that was drafted 8 overall plus picks.

- He drafted Carl Landry in the 2nd round, helping us land the aforementioned Kevin Martin.

- He drafted a (one-time) 20ppg scorer at the bottom of the first round.

- He drafted Patrick Patterson (looking more sage every day on that one).

- He turned 5 more years of Trevor Ariza @ > $6 Million into a guy giving us the same production but is still on his rookie contract.

I'm not saying that the guy is Jesus... but any objective fan would have to agree that the guy has done the absolute best with what he's had to work with for nearly the last half-decade. The only thing you can quibble with him on is not finding a Yao replacement/insurance, Rudy Gay for Shane Battier, and d!ck!ng over Jeff Van Gundy. That last one is the only one I can't defend, but you can find 100 ways to defend the first two (my primary arguments being 1) Shane was awesome for a while 2) Good centers are very hard to acquire and he was trying).

Remember folks, you can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad. I'd bet he's going to get something done that benefits our team. I'm not a betting man, but that bet feels fairly safe.

10. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

You ready?

Battier and Chuck Hayes will not be re-signed. Chuck is going to play for a contender next season and draw $4-5 Million per season. Morey has proven he likes to lowball players and there is no way he is offering more than $3 million per for The Chuckwagon. Battier is at the end of his career and knows that The Rockets aren't going to be contenders for many years.

Yao is an expiring contract The Rockets cannot afford to lose out on. They can always re-sign him later for the league minimum. If anything, he should be telling The Rockets to trade him so he can give back to the team.

Aaron Brooks is not happy, really why in the hell would you match offers on a disgruntled point guard who you expected to be your starter?

As for what The Rockets get? They get 3 players that help fill the roster and keep the fans satisfied for another season, after which the big names will be available (Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, etc). Both Jamison and Mo Williams contracts will be incredibly valuable come next years trade deadline. Also the pick in 2013 or 2014 if The Rockets land one of those free agents will be much like New York this year; worthless to The Rockets but worth something to the struggling Cavs.

The only real difference maker The Rockets are losing in this deal is Chuck Hayes, who like I said before is going to play for a contender next season where he will get the respect he deserves from the league and the fans.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

17 PPG on 15 shots doesn't do it for me.

12. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

I heard Zach Randolph was our number 2 option to Nene so...

Plus Chris Broussard is a ****tard

13. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

technically, 3 b****es