1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets target three bigs, unlikely to get any of them

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockzilla, Feb 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

LMAO i wonder what Morey is going to say Friday morning after every other GM in the league has laughed at him over the phone about this pathetic Rockets team. I'm already laughing at the fact that he actually sold so many fools with the hope that Yao Ming would make it through a whole season... 24 minutes lol! How about you get another real center...NOOO Morey not Rick Adelman's beloved Brad Miller another real freakin center this is the NBA!

1 person likes this.
  2. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

We've had 1 losing season since '03 and that was the 2005-06 season. Do you mean losing because we don't win in the playoffs or we don't win it all? Let's not be melodramatic.

2009-10 Houston 42 40 .512 3rd Southwest Division - - - DNQ
    2008-09 Houston 53 29 .646 2nd Southwest Division 6 7 .462 Lost West Conf Semis
    2007-08 Houston 55 27 .671 3rd Southwest Division 2 4 .333 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
    2006-07 Houston 52 30 .634 3rd Southwest Division 3 4 .429 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
    2005-06 Houston 34 48 .415 5th Southwest Division - - - DNQ
    2004-05 Houston 51 31 .622 3rd Southwest Division 3 4 .429 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
    2003-04 Houston 45 37 .549 5th Midwest Division 1 4 .200 Lost West Conf 1st Rd

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are there any young franchise saving Hakeem Olajuwons playing in Africa somewhere? :confused: :eek: :(

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd rather he go teabag a mouse trap ..... more painful.

As for the Rockets picking up any of those three - I'd prefer they didnt and got an upgrade at the SF spot - Wallace would do nicely.
    There will be several good young bigs available in FA some restricted , others not. Most notable unrestricted is DeAndre Jordan.

Also a couple young big's will be entering the final year of their deals next season and their teams may be more willing to move them.

We dont need an instant fix - we need a calculated plan to get better for the long haul. Gortat and Nene seem short sighted to me.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I would love to see who this "legitimate center" is that Morey definitely should have gotten...

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm talking about just the unfortunate injuries that plagued McGrady and Yao. A lot of what ifs these past couple seasons but oh well. And I don't count first round exits as an accomplishment considering we've been dark horse favorties since McGrady got here.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Since you requested it in your sig.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gortat is a stud... Nene would be a homerun... Come on Daryl!!!

9. Kiku

Kiku Member

Wait, nevermind, I can't believe I wrote that... Slap me in the...

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Unlikely to get any of them?! Ain't that something.

That's alright. Morey/Rockets can keep battletalkin' to other GMs out there. That's all I can ask for! :rolleyes: :p

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Just sit back and see what happens. Just like last year and the year before we didn't hear about any moves until after they happened. The Rafer trade and the Martin trade last year.

Im sure Morey is looking to make the best move for the team. That also requires other teams to be willing to trade their players. I hate when I see people blaming the GM for not getting a certain player. He just can't go take a player from another team.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we didn't land a C this deadline, how loser we are..

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Rockets/Morey's official statement after the trade deadline:

"We appreciate the support and consideration of all our fans. Throughout the season we have pursued many intriguing deals, but ultimately felt that the asking price other teams for our players was too high. Ultimately, we feel comfortable proceeding forward with the talent we already have and are optimistic about the rest of this season with the promising players already on our roster."

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Thanks for basically nothing lol...what great information by the reporter.

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

EDITED:

16. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

The Rockets have progressed from obtaining players, then getting them injured. To save time, we are trading for players that are already banged up.

1 person likes this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm amazed by how many angry fans there are on this board. I mean, i'm just as frustrated as the next guy, and i agree that Morey should have had a backup plan for Yao, but all of this misplaced anger is really stupid. we don't have the worst team in the league. we are basically a 500 team. We are average at worst. Morey is not the cause of our problems. We simply have no superstars and you cant force other teams to trade theirs.

Morey has done the best with what he has. He turned V-span into Scola. he turned a 2nd round pick into K-Martin. I forget who we gave up to get Lowry, but that turned out pretty well. Give the guy a break, and reserve judgment till after the deadline.

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I refuse to believe this. If all we get is Mayo, I'll be a little disappointed. I want a decent defensive center plus an SF upgrade OR a couple of first-round picks, minimum, and I believe we will have at least that much in a couple of days.

But just in case, can anybody recommend some strong. easy-to-get anti-depressants?

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

C'mon people you know most deal get done right near the deadline, unfortunately we are going to have to wait until Thursday.

It could be worse, at least the Melo drama is over and everyone can concentrate on other deals.

20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

did Aaron brooks just make a defensive play?? :eek: