1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets @TANKATHON - 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Astrodome, Dec 22, 2021.

1. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Ivey is just going to become another KPJ project, he is not a true PG. We still don't know what we have in KPJ.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

from the third worst record, technically we can drop as far as #7 in the draft.

we also only have a 40% chance at top 3. So more than likely we should prepare for the 4-6 range. only 7% chance at #7 so its unlikely but we should be prepared.

as of today my board is:

1. Jabari
    2. Chet
    3. Paolo
    4. Ivey
    5. Keegan Murray
    6. Kennedy Chandler
    7. Kendall Brown

I think the first 3 go in any order. Ivey is #4 no matter who drafts. 5-14ish is still pretty fluid and probably ends up as a very large tier 3 with my picks for 5-7, Baldwin, griffin, duren, hardy, jovic, mathurin, Davison, etc... all in the mix.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I guess we are back in tank mode the winning was good while it lasted.

abaker28 likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Right now we have an injury prone, 3rd year, inefficient, late 1st round, turnover prone combo guard with tunnel vision that has a penchant for making some pretty neat plays every once in a while that we hope will have all of these things figured out by the end of his...4th year.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t agree. Ivey is a vastly superior prospect and has produced at a very high level. This is is first year as a distributor and he needs to improve, but he has already drastically improved in a short period of time. He is also already an exceptional defender…. He has no off the court issues, is a good student and has all the physical attributes to be very good. He can score from anywhere on the floor, he gets to the line and is efficient already at 19 years old. He also has a good physical frame and length.

Deckard, Believe It!, vince and 6 others like this.
  6. sydmill

sydmill Member

I like Ivey but selecting him throws a wrench in the roster as is. Not only does that signal KPJ's days are numbered but I think there is some redundancy with Green (and Christopher) there too. Obviously you go Ivey if he is the bpa but Banchero and Smith are the prizes for the Rockets imo.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Good to see the "we need to make the play in" crowd has retreated back into their holes.

#27 larsv8, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  8. HardenVolumeOne

last year was it and we missed it by one pick

cade cunningham has harden-luka like traits and but is very humble and a hard-worker with crazy upside. His game is gonna age well. At worst you are getting shai-gilgeous alexander with cunningham

juanming likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Really it depends on how good you think Ivey and Porter are. I have very low expectations for Porter. I believe if he was going to “get it”, he would have already made further progress.

I am in the minority but I view Ivey as a better prospect than Green and believe he has the potential to be an all nba lead guard. He is an excellent defender, has good size and length and can create… he is a perfect foil for Green in the backcourt. I like Christopher as well but he can back up the guard spots and even play some 3.

The Rockets would be locked in long term with an entire back court. We would have Sengun at either the 4 or 5 and assets to get other pieces. Personally I would love to trade Wood to be able to grab Griffin in this draft, he has as much upside as anyone in this draft if healthy.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Nope, still here and would still like to make it but reality is they probably won’t.

A potential top three pick if they keep losing like this would be nice as well.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Looking at these odds and just how rare it is to be this close to a top 5 pick, I think Stone is undoubtedly going to trade Gordon even if the return isn't great. Can't afford to win too many games in the second half.

One more top pick means we can fully shift focus to winning and developing our own players on team friendly contracts while our Brooklyn picks/swaps fill out the bench.

dmoneybangbang and Richie_Rich like this.
  12. 18pbr

18pbr Member

The Rockets would be locked in long term with an entire back court. We would have Sengun at either the 4 or 5 and assets to get other pieces. Personally I would love to trade Wood to be able to grab Griffin in this draft, he has as much upside as anyone in this draft if healthy.[/QUOTE]

When I think of AJ Griffin, I think of Jimmy Butler. A dog on defense that can make plays on the offensive end.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am liking Chet or Jabari.

Although, I would be okay with any of the top four.

Outside of that I will be very dissapointed.

14. Nook

Nook Member

When I think of AJ Griffin, I think of Jimmy Butler. A dog on defense that can make plays on the offensive end.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with you. The only concern I have with Griffin is staying healthy. He is someone that would have challenged for the #1 player in his class had he stayed healthy as a senior in high school. He is also someone that will help you win but doesn't require dominating with the ball. Those types of players can be very valuable if you can put them around a ball dominant lead guard. It is why it is a pipe dream, but a 1-3 of Ivey/Green/Griffin could potentially be dominant for a decade. Green and Griffin can score without being playmakers and Ivey has the ability to run the offense.... Ivey and Griffin are also high end defenders to help out Green.... and all three are known for having really strong work ethics.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets like......

Hugo Besson and are intrigued by Marjon Beauchamp.

Yes both are guards...... Besson is someone that has been gaining traction.

vince, yixiixiy and Deuce like this.
  16. juanming

juanming Member

We need to make the play in

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You know you just described Chauncy Billups.

Ans since when is he injury prone?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

If we can land Banchero or Jabri it’s a win, they can both play next to Sengun or Wood.

vince and KingSamJack like this.
  20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Again, if he have the worst record this season we still might not get the 1st pick. I would still like to focus on getting 1st or 2nd year player in the NBA. Players like: Jalen Johnson, Thor and Bouknight from Charlotte or Kuminja or Moody from GS. We could trade Gordon and a pick for Myles Turner in Indiana(Then our defense would be better and then Sengun can play the 4 or 5), or trade Gordon for Kuminja and Moody or trade Gordon to Atlanta for Jalen johnson and Okongwu,,,,these were elite players from the draft but are not playing because of the team current older lineup.

vince likes this.