1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Talking Trade???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hrce11, Jun 19, 2003.

1. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

I want KB, forget EJ.

2. clemchink

clemchink New Member

I've been reading through a lot of these posts and I am having trouble with people accepting Ford's abilities. How many of you people have truly watched TJ Ford play? Well I've seen about 75% of the games he played last year at UT and I've even seen him in practice. He is a talent that should not be passed up and Rockets should go after him with all they got. Who cares if he is a shade under 6 feet. it's because he's that short that he's got that kind of speed. Do you see a lightning fast 7 footer anywhere? You can't get the best of both worlds. HE IS THE REAL DEAL because he not only can pass but he also plays decent defense leading UT in steals...this is a guy who got 8 steals in a game once. He's not a fluke on the defensive side even if he is small and people will post up on him. And what will they do if they post him up? Back him in? INTO WHAT? YAO MING?!?!? EDDIE GRIFFIN? The tandem that I believe was NUMBER 2 in the NBA last year in terms of BLOCKS PER GAME behind Duncan and RObinson. Shoot over the top of TJ Ford? Tell me which PG in the NBA can even shoot anymore? Besides does he need to be taller so he can block these PG shooting the jumpers? Wait...when do we even see a PG blocking another PG's jump shot? A HAND IN THE FACE IS JUST FINE...and the upside of TJ Ford is his fast hands that he can use to swipe away from PG's who dribble too high...He can't shoot well but he can slash to the rim and then drop it out to Boki for 3 or Yao for the Dunk...or if we STILL HAVE Griffin then him for the 3s that he loves to jack or to Steve for a midrange jumper. PASS that's all we need. We have such a stagnant offense. We need someone to come in and shake things up. Not Chris Bosh, not Heinrich, and definitely not another Euro...we need TJ Ford...He's going to become the reliable player we can rely on to get our O into gear.

The Rockets would be making a mistake if they have the chance to get Ford from Miami and fail to do so. Just as they did when they passed up Rashard Lewis and drafted 3 players that played a total of like 5 minutes last year (Dickerson injured, Drew sucks, Turckan is dead somewhere in Europe).

WHEW THank you...first post

3. egn

egn Member

i dont know why everyone is so hyped up on TJ. is it because he's from Houston and he would be playing for the Rox. Look i've seen this guy play and i know he's young but he is erratic with the ball; sometimes moving too fast for the basketball. If the rox could pull off some kind of miracle and grab the 4th or 5th pick the player to take would definatly be Bosh. Possibly any other year he would be worthy of being the #1 pick. He's a 6'11 freak that really has not got alot of exposure. at least not in the average fan's eye because they were not in the tourny. there is a reason why TJ's stock is falling in the minds of some scouts.

4. sydmill

sydmill Member

clemchink- u know what you're talkin' 'bout geena. tj ford is the guy the rox should go after. if he is picked beyond 4, he will be the steal of the draft.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I thing Bosch might end up better then Tj Ford. But Ford is EXACTLY what this team needs. So I would say go for the great passing PG.

6. egn

egn Member

i've wathed TJ play and the guy is sloppy with the basketball! that may fly in college but it' not going to happen in the NBA. And that's just what the rox need....... someone (like francis) who is sloppy and careless with the basketball.

why do you think he wants to move to the 2.
    THINK ABOUT IT!!