1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Talking Trade???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hrce11, Jun 19, 2003.

1. hrce11

hrce11 Member

Rockets Talking Trade?

According to reports aroung the league, the Rockets are in hot pursuit of T.J. Ford or Kirk Hinrich, depending on availibility. Apparently the Heat are listening to offers from Houston as Pat Riley is once again shopping their top pick because he is not fond of rookies. Rumors are the Rockets and Heat are discussing Cuttino Mobley and Maurice Taylor and a possible future selection for Eddie Jones and the No. 5 Pick in thursday's draft. A deal with the Heat might not go down until draft night as the Rockets wait to see how the draft unravels and if Ford is still availible with the fifth pick. This is interesting news and I think it's a great idea if we could land a quality point guard so we can finally move Francis to the 2 and then slide Jones over to the 3. It's about time the Rockets get in the middle of trade talks.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Really though, if I'm going to pay max to a 32 yr old player, I'd much rather get someone like Houston. Houston seems to be getting better with age, is a excellent shooter from 3pt range and mid range. They can keep Eddie Jones , but I do like that pick though.

3. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

Dude...... not going to happen

4. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Where exactly did you hear this "report"??? Im not really sure I like the trade. How old is Eddie Jones? Is Eddie Griffin ready to be the main PF on this team?

5. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

i think its a great idea! i hope we could replace mooch for cat tho.:p but its great to see steve move to the 2 so that he could concentrate more on his offense rather than dishing the ball which we all know not his style. i hate to see mobley go, but, if we want to get some, we got to lose some. with mo taylor out of the show, i hope we could sign brand! man, that would be an awesome pf tandem of brand and grif! man, i hope we could land tj! thanks for the hook up man!

TRADE ACCEPTED

6. rock418

rock418 Rookie

I would trade mobley for the pick and caron butler he's going to be a stud.

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Correct me if Im wrong but did anyone even mention Butler's name in that trade idea?

8. mingonly

mingonly Member

I hope the rox do my idea:
    cat/taylor(or cato or rice) for Ford/Jones

then steve for Jermaine O neal :)

pg-TJ Ford
    sg- Jones
    sf-Posey/Boki/Morris
    pf- J O neal
    c- Ming'

come on JVg,grant my wish !!!!

9. hrce11

hrce11 Member

I personally wouldn't mind seeing us make that deal but rather than Ford, get Chris Bosh...he's got amazing upside (which means he will either up as a Garnett, Kwame Brown, or somewhere within the shady area within those two) but i still think he could end up as one of the top players in this draft. Then we could have Francis, Jones, Posey, Bosh, Yao with Griffin, Rice, Cato off the bench...potential....but i'll trust the Rockets on whatever move they decide to make cuz they know more about this than any of us do.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Until you cite a source, this is not a "REPORT" so this thread title will not remain as is.

11. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

THANK GOD!!!

12. rock418

rock418 Rookie

sofine81 azz h*le I have a right to state what I think monkey boy.:mad:

13. hrce11

hrce11 Member

I have a friend with ties to the Rockets organization who said word about these talks had trickled down the grapevine and in the past the information he has passed on to me has been legit.

14. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Forgive my skepticism

15. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Amen, I was worried they would keep it that way. By the way hrce11 are you gonna tell us your source? Or was your source from the "web page we arent allowed to mention".

16. hrce11

hrce11 Member

Thats alright...hopefully more news on this will show up on ESPN.com or elsewhere in the news shortly to back-up my man's word.

17. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

This may be the most immature thing ever said on this board. I was merely wondering how Butler's name ended up in the rumor...I mean report.:D

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love this idea. Don't forget that Eddie can play defense too. I hate giving up a big man without getting one in return, but TJ Ford would help this offense. He runs a great break. I like it, but only if TJ is available.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i dont' like an undersized backcourt of Steve (6'2-6'3???) and TJ (5'11"). They could be the fastest backcourt in the league but that shortness will come back in some way and haunt them.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I dont know. Give me Hinrich and we could probaly keep Eddie too. Theres been several people lately who claim they have had inside sources, so Im not believing this yet till its comes from espn or a reliable CCnet poster. Stevie and TJ would be a nightmare defensively but if any coach could make it work it would be the defensive wiz JVG.