1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets take Royce White with 16th pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Do you like the pick of Royce White at #16 for the Rockets?

1. YES

460 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. NO

203 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Fixed

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

PG: Dragic
    SG: Lamb
    SF: Parsons
    PF: White
    C: D-Mo

White and D-Mo are perfect for each other on the court. White cancels out D-Mo's softness.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

That would be one of the worst defensive frontcourts in the entire NBA. Motiejunas and White are both power forwards and neither of them are defensive oriented ones.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I disagree. While I think he is best suited for the SF spot, he has highly advanced low post moves and scores much better close to the basket. His jump shot would be the one thing that limits his game as an SF. He is an outstanding rebounder and practices the lost art of boxing out. He is strong as a bull so he would have no problem holding his own in the paint.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Not sure about DMos defense. From what I saw of him this past season (not much) he put a lot of energy into his defense. Having said that, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be worried about their defense. Parsons is almost an elite defender though.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I don't think you realize Royce weighs 261 pounds.

http://www.nba.com/draft/2012/prospects/royce-white/

""But he's a heck of a basketball player. I was talking to a pro scout today who's seen him four or five times and just said he's got some [Kevin] McHale stuff inside. Right now I wouldn't consider him a great shooter outside, but he just does things to help his team win."

Any opposing player (PF or C) will have to WORK against him on offense.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Get ready fellas, Royce White is the Kevin Love of this draft class. We have ourselves a star.

1 person likes this.
  8. cod

cod Member

DeJuan Blair is heavier and shorter but it doesn't help him on defense. He's still a defensive liability on the court.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

The folks expecting or wanting him to develop a shot have it all wrong. We should develop his post game like how LeBron has developed his. Imagine a LeBron who stays in the post all game. That's what we have. No need to turn Royce into the shooter he isn't.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Will be interesting to see how he's used.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I can't wait to see this guy and Lamb. The coaches seem to be absolutely in love with Royce White. They way they talk about his versatility is quite interesting to hear. McHale seemed pretty excited (for mcHale lol) about finding a way to get White involved in the offense.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

The 2nd coming of Sir Charles! Houston's own version of the manimal!

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Morey thinks White is a top 5 player in this class, and Lamb was taken before White, does that mean we got two of the top 5 players?

14. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Trade to the Suns so they can boast that they have both of the Morris twins?

15. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I wonder if he will act like "Crazy Pills" (aka Ron Artest) does?

16. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

Can he play over sized PG like Magic Johnson?:eek:

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

No too slow

18. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I won't be surprised to see Houston trade 2 of these guys...

... but which 2 of them remains a question...

19. Zfan

Zfan Member

Not sure its a good pick but its surely a right choice. High risk prospect that's what Morey have to pick. Full of role player. Lack of character. This team is one of the most boring team. White may change it. Maybe. With hope.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I watch lot of Big 12 basketball, Texas, Kansas and Baylor. Early in the season I tuned in to a ISU game expecting a blowout (Texas I think); I had never heard of Royce White. I saw this gigantic guy with a red tinted mohawk flying around the court, running, dunking, passing, rebounding and all I could say was Holy S**t!

Absolutely my favorite college player to watch play since Durant. If you didn't see him in college, and he gets some playing time, you will love watching this guy play, skills and flair. I keep joking that I want him to be our 6th man/point guard but if there is a position called point forward he is the prototype.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_forward

#220 Dubious, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012