1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets suffer 40% drop in local television ratings...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Feb 29, 2012.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

High turnover happens when a team is restructuring itself after the loss of it's two major building blocks... And that's the thing, there are no major building blocks to identify with over the past couple seasons. Yet. But regardless, many of the major pieces on this team have been here a while now. Scola, Lowry, even Martin, Patterson, and a couple other young'ns have been here at least a couple years now.

I think Lowry is becoming the new face of the team.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

At least he has input now and then > hehe hehe.

Bill: And Hill throws it down!
    Clyde: That's what you call throwing it down Bill. he he he he

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i like bullard, he's gotten a lot better.

van chancellor was the best when they first fired murph

three bawl

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Oh please yes, do so!

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Not surprising, as ive said, this team is boring to watch, ive fallen asleep watching them. I think once they establish a clear direction the fans will get on board with it but right now its a mediocre team with no bright future, something has to change, make a move, anything. PLEASE lol

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Mediocre team? No bright future? We're a borderline top 10 team in the NBA who has been consistently improving despite an unplanned loss of two major pieces of the team, AND we're one of the younger teams in the league, too... Not to mention the cap space we're going to have this summer.

There is plenty to be excited about.

I used to say this board was a great example of some of the diehard fans Houston has, even though most of the city is full of pathetic fair-weather fans... but I'm starting to think that this board is pretty much just as sad as the rest of the city.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Calvin did a great job for H-Town.

8. ThaShark316_28

You don't have to drop the "so called fans" card. This city is terrible from a sports fan perspective.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its because its boring. I admit I am still interested as a die hard fan but toanyone casual it would be sleep inducing to hear Drexler drone on with bad jokes. It is not often exciting to watch, no hope of winning, bad calls nightly by refs or lack of calls, no superstar, no hope of competing in the long term with a exciting prospect. Dont get on me for being so hard. If people didnt agree they would watch and attend. I am just voicing their missing opinions.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

PS. Do not attack for the truth. Embrace it and ask for changes if you are a true fan.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yes Alexander. STOP BEING PC! We want CALVIN MURPHY BACK!

12. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

While your loyalty is admirable, I don't think that's the case for most fans. They want to see winners, or at least teams with hope. The Knicks, Heat, and Clippers all have rosters very different than two years ago, but they get plenty of turnout. The Bucks and Cavs still have a lot of the same players they had when Lebron still wore crimson and gold, but even with all that time to connect to their players, they still have a tough time with attendance. People aren't coming to see the Rockets because we're mediocre and have no realistic way of getting better anytime soon.

In fact, the only way we DO have of getting better (remember, Les hates tanking!) is exactly the kind of Houston Assets route you're decrying. We have to keep turning the roster over, hoping to add value with every move, until we're finally in a position to trade for a star. It sucks, and Morey would be the first person to tell you it isn't what he wants to do, but until we get a championship core, we don't have any other options.

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Exactly. I don't get it.

If we had no caproom and a ton of long term contracts, the "stuck in mediocrity, no hope for the future" argument would apply. But fact is, we are near the bottom in payroll and near the top in the standings with a ton of money coming off the books and some nice pieces locked up (as well as nice pieces overseas).

I watch almost every game and this team fights hard.

If anybody considers it to be boring, then they should just stop watching this game. It may not be the run-and-gun and/or the above the rim dunks and/or the crunch time superstar, but they play outstanding TEAM basketball and win games (18-7 in the last 25 games, currently the 5th seed in the toughest conference).

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

When was the last time Morey signed anybody with cap space? After Yao came off the books and T-mac was traded.

Their 2 big free agents were Scola(returned) and Dalembert.

DHoward is eyeing the Nets.

15. cod

cod Member

It wouldn't have helped when Morey told the media the Hornets No-trade set the Rockets back two years.

If the Rockets make the playoffs this season, the fans will return. Sadly, Rockets fans are fairweather.

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i still watch the games bc i AM a die hard fan BUT if you wanna be real about it, this team is not exciting to watch, there are pieces there like lowry and patterson and parsons to watch but theyre mixed in with deadweight like scola and martin and the 09ers who have no point on this team, either trade for picks or trade for a star, i know its not easy but UNTIL they attempt ANYTHING, this team will not be interesting. This team is the very definition of MEDIOCRE as is, even if they overachieve maybe they'll make it to the 2nd round but then what? another 14th pick, same song and dance.

I know stern screwed us but we still gotta make some kind of move, establish some kind of direction.

The ONLY DIFFERENCE between last years team and this years team, in terms of enjoyment, is probably the heart, it was fun to watch them last year bc you could feel the heart and chemistry on the court, this year not so much.

go get a pink chair from walmart if your gonna be butthurt by all the "fair weather fans" lol

[​IMG]

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Directionless,boring team with players being shipped out a lot. Average product doesn't help either. I dropped my $500 for the family to watch the rox vs philly. It wasn't any excitement in the building. Kinda wish I would've stayed home because there were a lot of buzzer beaters.

18. imatexan

imatexan Member

Houston is just ahead of the curve in realizing that the NBA now kind of sucks.

I use kind of because I still watch it and I still love basketball but Stern sucks and the "stars" they have now are just selfish arrogant people.

1 person likes this.
  19. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Imagine if Lin a Rocket, how would the ratings

Imagine if Lin a Rocket, how would the ratings

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The ratings would only be high if he were starting and putting up the production he is in NY.

Given the fact that Lowry/Dragic have been healthy, I doubt that would happen here this season.

Let it go.