1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I really don't understand the reasoning why Mobley would refuse. Doesn't make any sense. Even if there are rumors, that's literally not a good reason to skip it. What do you have to lose by working out with the Rox

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  2. jayfree

jayfree Member

What do you mean especially Suggs? He was never going to be picked #2

King1 and Denovo like this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

Better than gangrene!

WiltTheStilt13 and VoR like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The reports coming out about Cade have all pointed to Detroit drafting him. The only exception is if Rockets traded down to #1

5. fattz

fattz Member

If we can’t get BPA then trade the pick. Saying Green is the guy because the other won’t work out is wasting the pick in many ways. So use the pick in a different way and get the full benefits of OWNERSHIP of the 2nd pick. Gain assets by trading the spot or pick the best player available without working them out. Not using the pick to its full potential is like not having the pick.

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope I'm fully on the green train, since day 1. I just don't like of the thinking fans have about players. I can like green all day long. But I want the best guy and ain't gonna lock myself in to side things like other feeling or friendships. Its no place for that in this point of the rebuild. Its a rebuild, so no one is untouchable until we 100 percent have a franchise guy. I would trade kpj rn for cade. I like him, but your past is on you. So I don't trust him yet

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

you can still draft Mobley or Suggs no one's is stopping us

D-rock and houston19519 like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Since going 2 would be out of expectation, I'd imagine suggs would've wanted the chance to take the opportunity. Like applying to be assistant regional manager of a paper company but suddenly having the chance to interview for the manager position.

Ultimately it's not a big deal either way. I'm guessing Suggs & Mobley or their agents (both share the same agency -Wasserman) found out Rockets already promised to take Green.

TimDuncanDonaut and jayfree like this.
  9. fattz

fattz Member

Trades happen and if invited they should work out. They should fire their agent because he is costing them potential earnings. Acting like everything is in “Stone” shows the amount of nativity the agent has. (Pun intended)

#169 fattz, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Green should be the pick. Detroit will take Cade and Green will have a huge chip on his shoulder because he feels he’s the number 1 prospect.

Leggggoooo!

11. jayfree

jayfree Member

This is true, however, I'm hoping he doesn't feel slighted because of the rumors of Houston willing to trade up to get Cade. I don't mind the Rockets trying to get the #1 but to announce in some way that it's for Cade is just stupid. They should have made it to where they felt the Pistons could take the player they were going for.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. VoR

VoR Member

Well, they’re worth a workout even if we traded down. I’d say Suggs and Mobley are officially blackballed. I’d rather have Giddey or Kai Jones anyways.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll need that energy coming off the bench.

14. VoR

VoR Member

What if all of this noise is a smoke screen because the FO are that hyped on Green and don’t want the Pistons pulling a fast one on them?

Get the Filipino Gazelle then. Green Mamba it is.

#174 VoR, Jul 25, 2021
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

Bonus points for the Office reference.

#2 draft makes a little more salary than #3, and #3 > #4. Plus no income tax in TX.

Sure the goal is the future bag, but a rookie never knows where they'll be in a few years.

#175 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 25, 2021
  16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Maybe the Rockets don’t look good in the eyes of Mobley and Suggs, by saying they don’t know what they want and they don’t know what route they are going to take.

17. VoR

VoR Member

If Mobley and Suggs don’t like being paid $8 million a year to be developed, they can kick rocks. I trust the FO’s approach with financials and building a team with the right attitude. Phoenix and Milwaukee proved that culture > clout.

saleem likes this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Not a good look, and it was more than someone. Multiple people would have had to f that up.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You may need to add Green to list of no workout with Rockets.

More rumblings that he wants to be picked #1.

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Is not like the Pistons, or Cavs will do any better for them....

VoR and saleem like this.