1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

And what are the chances we get a #2 again? Likely won't be this high up again....

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

You are right. We made the risk, and it worked out...beautifully!

but that was a very low risk and high reward...we got KPJ for a 2nd rounder that was protected. Thats teh same amount we got back for James Ennis in 2019.

with green, we are putting a lot more weight and expectations for green at the no 2 pick. KPJ was a pleasant surprise, but green will expect to deliver next year.
    I htink he can, I think him and KPJ could have a healthy competition to get better. I want and wish we had more vets who come in and work, ayton tlked about chris paul being the best thing for his career not just bc of the lobs or on court performance bc outside he was able to push him like a big brother in ways very little people have the clout and respect to do so and ayton said that made him do things he didn't even think he can do and his development was accelerated. so its very very hard to quntify hte impact of vets but hopefully we will get a few. It doesnt have to be the controversial glue guy ariza, miami paid haslem the minimum to be that guy. Collinson also in the thunder.

But opening night coming in october, I'm going to enjoy watching KPJ and green slide all over the place. Will be a fun as hell backcourt to watch

Also silas, it wasnt just kpj he enabled, but tate, KMJ, wood and Kelly played better with us than he ever has..

didn't lead to wins, I'm not sure with teh west we'll sniff playoffs we arent beating warrios, jazz, nuggets, clippers, lakers ,, grizzlies, trailblazers(who knows waht they do), maybe even pelicans will step on it this year and spurs never seem to die

but next years pick is supposed to be special with no protections too. From that and another big piece while developing what we can, we could do a very fast rebuild....and of course wall/gordon become expirings thus tradeable too

Rudyc281 and Salvy like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not really talking about the weight/risk from Rockets... I just think Houston is a great location for young guys coming in and developing into real NBA players...

Houston in my opinion is much better than Detroit and Cleveland..

BamBam and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

When you have the #2 pick, you as the org have the leverage, why give any promises, especially when most of the top players haven't worked out yet. The Green camp leaking news (true or not), is putting an uneven playing field out there. Hurting Rocket's ability to fairly evaluate. If the promised team wasn't HOU, I'd even consider HOU FO making a statement saying so. Suggs and Mobley should at least work out.

If it's Suggs/Mobley's agent bitter because of Capela for some reason, isn't this borderline tampering?

Also I'd say this to the Mobley camp. Cavs still has Jarrett Allen and Kevin Love. (iHart may or may not resign). But on some of the Cavs podcast, they were talking about Mobley anchoring their bench unit. If in HOU, it's likely that Mobley gets playing time and start with Wood. If Mobley comes here, we may not have to resign Kelly. HOU also a bigger market than CLE.

If you're Suggs/Mobley confident in your abilities, come show us your hoop skills.

This kind of news is making me dislike all the top guys but Cade.

#144 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

I'd agree. I'm saying that many agents, be it coaches agents or players will be very very weary of houston until tilman revamps his imagine. Theres very lttle franchises that would see a superstar turn down 100 millon for 2 years, a GM, president leave millions on the table. A coach not negotiate for HC position and take an assistant without even checking back on his team, Bzdelik did the same too. Tucker is also a respect vet. Despite harden's reputation here, the players who shoudl hate him with his foul baiting style, have voted him twice as teh players mvp including over golden boy Steph. Harden is respected, agents like rich paul with more nad more power are not going to be sending their plyers to houston unless its an obvious advantage in opportunity or cash.

With ALL that considered, we're still better tahn Cleveland and Detroit. Those guys have prepetual mediocrity and almost no direction for years now. WE had one massive burn down that did not go smoothly. We are a way better city and players love to live in Houston. I think Silas is a player friendly coach, we got lucas for the hard headed ones, we just need to keep building just like we added wallace we just need to keep adding guys iwth clout and repsect in this league,both to the staff and development, also to the roster for a different voice and perspective. If we don't handle his talent right, he could be tyreke evans, we have to surround them right to make the most of this talent.

Yea, I'm definitely shocked to see any plyer or agent prefer detroit or houston over us. Fit and opportunity is everyting in his league, but we got plenty of fit to go around on this team and silas is an adaptable coach to their talents which is fantastic. We also have those KMJ/Tate types who fit on any team, add grit, competitive nature to really add an identity that will make us an annoying team to play in a good way next year even if its still a rebuilding year we can set an identiy and style

D-rock likes this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Well, that seals the deal for me. Green it is! I wanted Mobley, but not if this is true.

Rudyc281 and roslolian like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Barnes!

He considers himself an alpha, a winner.

And I'm sure the Philippines will give him a nickname. ;)

Bo6 likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Doesnt make any sense Mobley should be working out #2-#4 since that's the range he will be in. Rox officially have not said who they will be taking, its dumb to take all those rumors at face value.

Lol take Mobley without any private workout? Nah, officially off the Mobley bandwagon I aint taking project big men no 2 without a detailed physical and workout. That screams Greg Oden 2.0 to me.

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I'm not stating as fact. I was just quoting a previous poster (@DonatelloLimestone) who threw some ideas on why they wouldn't meet and I just followed up with some deductive reasoning. Nothing serious.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

trading up to 1 is cool, but trading down gives me heartburn and indigestion

I won’t even entertain a Dame trade

D-rock and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Cause its what every franchise does smh. Ahhh hello even pistons has said nothing is set in stone. N nothing should until you have worked out and explored all the options. Like are you new to basketball. Thats a GM job.

roslolian likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox havent officially said ****.

From what I understand these GMs spitball everything and see what sticks. People take that and blow it up for smoke and clout. You dont see Cade refusing to work out for Pistons just cuz Pistons are rumored to trade down cuz they like Green.

Monley's camp should know better and not let that stop them from scheduling workouts. Rox are the freaking no 2 team lol if Mobley doesnt want to workout for them either he is immature or is hiding something take your pick.

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I want this guy! I really do!

D-rock and fattz like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sure, maybe something cool like "pyrite"

D-rock likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro do yall just like pain...idc what kpj wants smh. We just gave too much power to a top 3 player that wasn't all in all the time. Now yall wanna concern what a guy you only had for half a season wants. People are insane n i see it now. We shouldn't be making decisions basic on any player thats currently on this team..,none are superstars rn

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

One of my former chefs when I was just a cook told me. CONSISTENCY is key! If you make awesome food then it always has to be awesome. If it's crappy keep it consistently crappy!
    Tilman chose the latter and made millions in monopoly money. So many talented chefs in the world without their own restaurant yet people consistently feed his company with money to eat terrible food consistently.

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But not the squirts? El chorro?

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

These guys may have already worked out for the Rockets. I don’t believe anything coming out of the media during the pre draft process. It could be all smokescreen orchestrated to hide what teams really want to do.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Chill, I'm just listing another positive about taking Green.

If there's a guy at #2 who's much better than Green then the Rockets should take him instead despite the KPJ fit. BPA > fit.

Do you prefer someone else?

20. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I’m team green but would have liked Mobley to workout. If they chose him, I would have assumed it’s because they are far smarter than me at this

D-rock and DonatelloLimestone like this.