1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

Exactly, I'm for calln em all out. NBA fandom is an interesting thing thats why I don't mind when you guys call out Les, call out harden bc he has plenty of flaws, morey, MDA...they all contribute to us falling short, and likewise in the nba where money matters calling out tilman who sets the mandate on move flexiblity is fair game let alone actual quotes.

but yea, in this case. I don't think its tilman and I also believe, like sarver...tilman can evolve. Who wants to be a hometown 0 when he can be a hero otherwise he should've stuck with teh ccougars. Buying college hoops is much cheaper for prospects let alone its tax deducatable...the nba is a different game and a wildly more expensive one and the player power is and will contineu to grow the way they generate revenue.

Yea I'm with ya. I've been leaning Green for a while, but I'd be happy with cade, with mobely as well. Thus far, Stone has earned my trust with the young guys he found last year. Picking at the bottom and top of a draft is a totally different thing, he found some gems late which is great news for our later picks. The no 2 is a different ball game, but we look to have some exciting guys and I'll be happy unless we do something crazy drastic like trade the pick for malcolm brogdon or something like that.

You're right, when he came in 2017 he said he would spend on facilities and upgrade it all. Thus far he spent on a new plane and then also the lounge to give himself a massive suite(I don't blame it, i buy the team, I'm going to upgrade my personal digs). Both of those are entire tax write offs in the recent tax changes so he hasn't really worked on the facilities, we have thinned out and traded staff which we need to reverse. Places like philly and nets are adding full on dining rooms with chefs around the clock to mainly ekep all the training in house, keep the food clean, and also build a culture adn comrad to all be working and in teh facilities as much as they can. If we basically create an enviornemtn where all they have to worry about is continuig to work and we have top level everything easy and available, then thats teh ulture that will draw the right type of talent that wants to win, wants to improve and not worry about the rest of the junk.

Clippers, right when balmer came, spent big on just recovery machines and things sterling wouldn't...basically this is ab illion dollar enviornemt now, let the players get excited of where they are going. Its like these high tech companies like google or facebook, they spent like crazy to create a campus environmetn that everyone wants to stay in a lot of tim for their work. Or the warriors who developed their embarassing franchis out in oakland to new facilities, new revenue, they spent huge bringing in big nba games, paying tax on things we wouln't find justifiable all to invest and build a brand that now in a few short years are an international brand like lakers

Lets get a fresh new rocket,develop, roll with him and in years he bleeds the rockets red and we have a whole new era, tilmna doesn't need to spend for years now, we can just build on this team and the new culture with silas, kelly olynk, and wood and I'm thinking next year well have some good surprise games and the year after well make the jump to playoff contention and from there...LEts go!

CriscoKidd and Salvy like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets aggressive suitor in Dame trade.

Rockets aggressively looking to trade up to #1.

Porter and Green inferring a Rockets promise made on Instagram.

Now Rockets may be trading out of #2.

Why should any prospect trust anything Rockets have to say?

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think green has had a promise from us…and we just wanted to workout Mobley and Suggs to kind of get a feel for the strengths and weaknesses for when we face them later or if/when they become free agents.

This happens in the NFL ALL THE TIME.

Teams bring in players the have no shot of drafting just to collect more information/data on the prospects.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Because we have no idea who is leaking what and for what purpose, how about meeting with top three teams and feeling them out to see who you trust and who you don't... Oh, nope... Waste of time I guess...

5. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Welcome to Jalen Green GANG!!!

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nothing wrong here. No use in working out role players if you're at #2.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm now officially promoting the Rockets drafting Kuminga

Start the Kuminga vs Scottie Barnes debate......begin

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Someone playing Patty cakes while thinking it's 4D chess.

DonatelloLimestone and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why no more Green?

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Or that he actually weighs 210 pounds. Green should come in as well.

C'mon kids, come in and take your medicine. Get it over with.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Because @Houston77 switched

Mobley, Suggs and Green making me see RED

BamBam and D-rock like this.
  12. DonatelloLimestone

Nice, when I watch this kid from congo, theres dspute on his real age, but I see his athleticism and skll set and style and right away I think
    antetokounmpo,#43

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah, that's exactly it... Tilman can not afford a couple of grand to fly in Mobley and Suggs despite the reports of them actually not giving Houston a workout...

The Rockets own the pick, they can decided on who ever damn they please... Its up to Mobley and Suggs to prove to The Rockets why they should be the pick. Problem is trying is too hard... If anything I'm glad Tilman and Stone has said Cade or Green, the rest can gtfo if they wont even try or want to give us chance...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[DIVOT]

15. HardenVolumeOne

his pro comparisons are too chris bosh and pau gasol.. too of the softest big man i haven ever seen. Neither of those guys could be a lead dog on a championship team

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

And this volatile $hit of an organization just revived KPJ's career, actually cared for the person and then focused on him getting the right development for his game. Everyone thought KPJ was out of the league after the Cleveland incident. Who picked him up and gave him a chance with the correct personnel around him? Houston, not Cleveland....

And what happened?

Draft Green and develop him like they did with KPJ...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

I look at this differently then most on CF’s…

If offered #6 Barnes OR Bouknight and total debt forgiveness (picks and wasps) for the #2 pick…

I won’t say no.

And would be so happy with myself…because I would control my own destiny again. Just pay for the mistakes and move forward. Not a popular transaction but the tank would have more meaning and it’s like reinvesting in yourself.

(paying off ones house—> burning the mortgage)

BHannes2BHonest, ilias and J.R. like this.
  18. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Not to mention KPJ and Green are friends. For someone with demons like KPJ, being around people you trust helps keep you focused and motivated.

I think it's pretty clear that Green is the best pick for KPJ's career. Suggs and Cade wouldn't really fit by him and Mobley won't keep him engaged the way Green will.

Rudyc281 and Salvy like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

That’s what I said. :)

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Exactly, and Houston also just developed KMJ..... Any of the top 4 picks should be intrigued by what Houston has done with these young guys on getting their careers on the right track. Green will fit in perfectly with our young core, no need to trade anyone. Lets keep our guys and develop them for once. We have had enough trades in the past 7 years...

Rudyc281 likes this.