1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

#2 draft pick to get a perma 6th man! I like it!

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think we all know whose fault this is….

3. DonatelloLimestone

think the owner has a terrible reputation, Rich Paul pretty much made it clear he woudl never send a star client to an organization like that

but mobleys a rookie, not sure tahts it. John wall just has no clout. He has a contract we're stuck with, but he isn't good and like other teams have done or al horford did, we can send his ass home if he is hurting us..no questions asked, the dude is th 6ht highest contract and has plye 30 games in 3 years...no ones feelng for his sitaution.

Silas is new, I can see why harden doesn't want to play with rookies, but another rookie could do great and Silas really unlocekd Kelly well so that he is open to skill sets and versatiltiy which is apparently mobleys thing.

its a curious move, not to mention behind us is cleveland. Its a sad state of affairs anytime someone would consider celevealn beneficial over the rockets

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Look at the list of second overall picks. If that’s worst case scenario sign me up.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

So Cleveland and Detroit didn’t also lose games on purpose?

shut up

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Push the Pinoy amirite, slander the other guy?

I suspected another LOF invasion was incoming.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

we tried to tell yall about Mobley competitiveness and his softness. All his interviews sounded scripted

Why not? and JusBleezy like this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

or dumbass Timberwolves, they didn't lose the games in the end when it was a 1-2 game difference...now they lost their pick
    Rockets were in a terrible affair and we can blame to owner for getting us in that position, but in that position we have since made the right move to tank and collect assets. Its not ideal and of corse the first domino put us here, but we're here now and we did the right thing and I'm happy with the no 2. Lets see wwhat we build with the rest of assets
    Next year, sadly, should be filed with a lot of losing but more excitement to see Green and KPJ evolve

Why not? and Reeko like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

More important to work out Tre Mann, Bones Nyland, Duece McBride, etc.

Those guys and many more were scheduled first.

Has Green even worked out for Rockets yet?

We know Cade absolutely will not.

groovemachine likes this.
  10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

They must have heard something

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  11. DonatelloLimestone

Yea, defintiely wouldn't want to be stuck with another James harden...give me someone who knows how to step on throats and stuff

Take lebron, Leonard, Giannis...you name it. Take them in their prime, start cutting staff, cutting rotation players, assets/picks into money savings that are soley tax savings(so not the savings taht give s you future cap flexiblity, just savings taht goes to one man) then the owner takes the mike and tells them they need to do better publicly with a worse product he wouldn't spend on...you'll see all of em leave...lol its laughable to say we only catered to harden unless harden wanted 90 percent of our moves to save tilman money which would be really sweet of him.

They'd all demand trades,maybe lke lebron wanting out after years of individually dominating, or MJ demanding help after 7 years of individually dominating and falling short, maybe how kobe demanded out or help after seeing lakers make money on his back while making his job harder... If you can't adjust to nba economics and player empowerment which is not going away, tv deal just is going to be more and more money in this gig, tehn you can't handle the nba heat and won't do better than luck and or mediocre

"
    Paul seems to be well aware of that fact, and explained as much to Davis (again, emphasis mine):

For a star player like Davis to commit to a franchise, “you either need your team”—a winning mix of players—“in place, or you need flexibility, assets, money, and the ability to make decisions. And, more important, the willingness to pay the tax”—the so-called luxury tax, for exceeding the league’s salary cap, which the Pelicans at that time refused to pay. “This ain’t ‘Moneyball,’ ” Paul said. He was referring to the book by Michael Lewis, in which Billy Beane, the nimble general manager of the Oakland A’s, builds a winning baseball team on the cheap by using advanced statistical methods. But, as Paul knows, nothing quite trumps money. Players have short careers, and very few will remain sentimental about the charms of a small-market existence, particularly if their team is a loser."

#91 DonatelloLimestone, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    banzai and D-rock like this.
  12. Milos

Milos Member

Seems like agents justifying their slice of the pie w shenanigans

groovemachine and D-rock like this.
  13. DonatelloLimestone

for cosensus high picks, its been a thing as they have leverage. For a guy in mobley's position who can benefit from being the no 2 pick financially its more peculiar unless he really thinks the fit/organization is not right to him

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So whats your opinion on Mobley not working out. If you don't think thats a bad look then you a m.o.f. I would say it was a bad look if this was green. Sure I can understand not punching down, but not thinking you shouldn't be drafted hiring and wanting to prove so seems weak n strange. But push your narrative since the guy you wanted doesn't seem like he wanna be here

D-rock likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hell yeah, makes everything so much easier.... Welcome Green! The rest can f-off to Cleveland or w/e they want to play in... Pinches gueyes...

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is really strange news.

17. DonatelloLimestone

So curious and disturbing to see ANYONE choose cleveland over houston.

Hes in for a hilarious surprise.

JoeBarelyCares and Salvy like this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Preprogrammed answers is the opposite of high iq smh.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am Mobley Tribe, that's not in dispute.

But the fact remains that Rockets have no scheduled workouts with FOUR of the top FIVE best prospects in this draft.

Single out Mobley if you must, but there is a clear pattern here that points to a poorly run organization.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Cause it makes no sense for the rockets to do that. If they did then they dumber then this move by Mobley. I mean I hAte Tillman too, but he can't be this incompetent

groovemachine and D-rock like this.