1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Didn't expect a tweet of mine to end up on one of your posts.

I notice people questioning it on here.

It's a bit tongue in cheek.

The article is completely full of **** and is essentially a mock draft. It was like a negative news dump about stuff that really doesn't reflect poorly on the organization but the article acts as if it's damning.

D-rock, Tfor3, saleem and 3 others like this.
  2. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

What about 5, 8, and WCJ? If you think Green is a superstar, then obviously you don’t do it. But if you’re high on Booknight or similar, maybe it’s a deal you seek out.

I personally would just stick with Green, but I do think out of everybody that can trade to 2, the Magic are the most interesting.

saleem and burlesk like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's simple man, the 2 Jalen's, Mobley and Cade don't even need to touch a basketball to get drafted top 5 and their agents know it. If you were a top 5 Dr, Lawyer, Accountant or whatever you don't do interviews because you are recruited. Players that do tons of workouts are trying to improve their stock.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

No offense, but there is nothing like a 25 LIKED tweet taken as Gospel to set up a Monday on the last week of draft insanity. LOL I love ClutchFans!

Ramo$e, burlesk and treyk3 like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Actually all teams do that, it’s called due diligence…the only reason I could see this as a negative if Rockets people blabbered and made it known they only want Cade or Green. If that is true then I get why people would be put off and coming in for a workout would be a bit pointless from the players perspective.

Surely I can appreciate Green for having the mentality of I will prove you wrong, but definitely cannot fault Suggs nor Mobley. Though it could be a bad sign. Personally I’d do everything in my power to avoid Cleveland so I’d work out in Toronto, Houston and Orlando if I were them, but that’s just me. You can always wow them in your workout and make them think twice.

Ramo$e and burlesk like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Actually for this year individual workouts are more important than in normal years due to the pandemic as reported by plenty. Scouts have had less chances to see them.

saleem and burlesk like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And the 2 Jalens DO need to workout - is that the point? I find it somewhat conceited - especially in a draft with no separation. If Jalen Green goes to Toyota Center and blows the doors off the gym what happens? Stone picks Mobley on no workout and based of ClutchFans and Twitter reviews?

I'd guess if you are top 5 in any field you wouldnt have a hard time getting a job, but that usually comes with EXPERIENCE that employers can count on. Young punks acting like they got it down and know "what they're worth" is off-putting to me. Just a personal distaste, not trying to change any minds.

JW86 likes this.
  8. 7uche

7uche Member

Mobley didn’t work out with Detroit?? That’s definitely Tillman’s fault

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And get both the names of Stone and Wall out there.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. 7uche

7uche Member

It’s definitely not. People are so whiny on here.

This is not that crazy, Rockets have just not had a lottery pick in forever and are panicking just for fun more

dmoneybangbang, HTown_TMac and Denovo like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Here's how its done. Read the full thing its f'ing awesome.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...out-has-become-stuff-of-lakers-and-nba-legend

D-rock and jakedasnake like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And if Green was asked by Houston to workout and he declines I'll be put off by him as well. Every day that passes im more and more firmly entrenched in the "Trade Down/Tankers" club.

saleem likes this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah me too. You’d think in a year like this where individual workouts are of much more value they’d relish the opportunity to show why teams should pick them. Especially for Green and Mobley, the first with the Kobe comparisons - I don’t see that killer instinct at all - and the latter with the doubts about his love for the game.

saleem, danoman and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Why Woj and everybody saying Mobley would be #1 pick in any other draft yet keep suggesting we don't hesitate to take Green? Why wouldn't we want Mobley for the same reasons Cavs do? Such bull.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/07/26/nba-mock-draft-2021-latest-buzz-rumors-cade-cunningham-jalen-green

That confidence has been bolstered by the fact that Green is the only projected top pick expected to work out for the Rockets at this point in time. League sources have indicated there is a level of disinterest within Evan Mobley’s camp regarding Houston as a destination, raising questions as to whether that potential marriage would be ideal for either side. Rival teams do not expect Mobley, Jalen Suggs, or Cade Cunningham to work out for Houston before draft night.

D-rock, Deuce and treyk3 like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right?! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-zus he'p me.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And also: We already have C-Wood, maybe Olynyk. Whither Mobley?

AND, if Toronto "we-don't-suck" Raptors say we need you to replace Lowry and keep the party going as opposed to Houston "we-hope-we-don't-suck-much-longer" Rockets are your suitors........unless you love the clubs, humidity, and floods, well....(I personally don't like cold winters, five days in February notwithstanding, thanks Greg Abbott, but, you know...)

#238 ROXTXIA, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Deuce and Ramo$e like this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

ESPN coverage is all horseshit and is for the low IQ people who don’t notice they’re contradicting themselves and won’t question the gibberish they spew.

D-rock, saleem and Ramo$e like this.