1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets organization with yet ANOTHER black eye.

Rudyc281 and Jontro like this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Much ado about nothing.

Rockets fans have been out of the process for so long, we've got the jitters.

No idea who these "sky is falling" people are on Twitter, but they're fake news. Tune out the noise.

dc rock, juanm34, CriscoKidd and 3 others like this.
  3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It looks like this isn't purely a Rockets' thing, since the Pistons are also unable to get a workout with Mobley.

However, I'm really not sure this is at all a favorable look mentality wise for Suggs or Mobley. At the end of the day, you earn your status in the NBA, you aren't given it. Refusing to work out with teams with a higher pick because they seem locked in on their pick is essentially just waving the white flag.

Even Green is still fighting for the 1st pick, even though Pistons seem all but locked in with Cade.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

do rox at least get kuminga to work out?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone does not strike me as the one that angers but the one that does not speak publicly.

Two Sandwiches and D-rock like this.
  6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Neither player has been confirmed to workout for any team. This is just pointed bad press.

D-rock and cheke64 like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Green has worked out twice for Detroit, than Cade's throne may be shaky. Will he want to play in his home state?

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If this **** is real, then Tilman is definitely the reason.

D-rock and juanm34 like this.
  9. saleem

I have presented a suggestion that many may not like, if none of the top 4 are interested in playing for the Rockets. Trade down to 5 and 8, take Barnes or Kuminga and Jalen Johnson. The Rockets have interviewed the latter and seen him playing at the combine. Houston should also acquire the Magic's 2022 or 2033 unprotected lottery pick. The Magic are likely to be in the doldrums for years.

roslolian likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Does Tulman also own the Pistons? Apparently Mobley doesnt wanna workout for them too lmao.

Lol love the entitlement from Mobley doesnt wanna work out and give medical reports to the top 2 pickers.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

5, 8 and unprotected pick for 2 aint happening, maybe just 5 and 8 and Magic does it. I like Barnes and Moody more than Green by himself....maybe even trade down the 8th and get Trey Murphy and somebody else.

Barnes, Trey, Springer, Garuba and Thor would be a crazy ass haul and would def be better than either Green or Mobley by themselves.

sydmill likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Their agents probably believe Houston could be playing mind games with no real intentions of drafting their clients, while other teams seem intent on trading up to #3 or #4 to get then, so ehy waste the time?

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Soft ass mentalities from rookies who are already feeling themselves. A REAL professional would have answered the call and blown them away in a workout, especially after Mobley broadcasting BS about being a generational player and all that he has to offer the NBA. To frame it like the team is doing some sort of 5D espionage on some future event is just silly.

Suggs just isnt that good to be mentioned with the top 3 guys so he can sit in the corner and pout all he wants. Horrible look, but go have fun in Toronto or Orlando.

Jalen Green is so damn sure of himself he really only wants to workout for the Pistons too! Crazy, not sure he will even workout here, but its not some conspiracy theory about ownership and management, much more surface level than that.

Ugh. I forgot how much I hated rookies. Was spoiled rooting for a veteran CONTENDING team for so long, need to remember what young, inexperienced men think like and how easily they take bad advice just to satisfy ego. No offense to the youngsters here, but you know whatever.

TimDuncanDonaut, 7uche and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. Denovo

Denovo Member

The draft needs to hurry up. Too many people talking crazy now lol

RasaqBoi and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We have a bad reputation in the league with agents. That’s probably the real reason, that or agents probably have Tillman scouted and ideally would rather not deal with him. Idk

16. Rockets4Life13

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't even know what to say.

I'm sure we do not have a bad reputation with agents considering we got every player that left us this year on the team they wanted to go to. If that does not sit well with agents, I'd be surprised.

7uche, Denovo and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tell me again if Zion did team workouts? I don't even think Lebron did them. Fact is top lotto picks have smart agents who will not risk their clients draft standing just so a team can nit pick their game. Is it bad for teams, yes.

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lol it ain’t even that serious

ROXTXIA likes this.
  19. saleem

That's true. I do think Jalen Johnson should be selected at 8, since he is a potential star. High reward, moderate risk type. Barnes is very solid at 5. Trey, and Springer are safe picks. I like Garuba or Isaiah Jackson at 23, and JT at 24. If Garuba or Isaiah aren't available, trade down and take B.J. Boston and Bassey in the second round. Yes, I know that makes 5 rookies. At least 3 or 4 will be in the G- League most of the time. We might be able to package one or two of them plus our 2022 unprotected lottery pick to grab Paolo.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Who was Zion "competing" for as the #1 pick that year? Ja Morant? RJ Barret? Zion was clear and away the best pick that year. LeBron had the 1st pick locked down as a freshman in high school. Nobody has separated themselves this year and its supposed to be one of the deepest drafts in recent memory.

I understand the economics and why the top hype guys wont workout especially when they are clear and away the best prospect in that draft cycle. These guys who are out there throwing around stuff like "im a generational player" should not ball up in the fetal when put to task of a workout.

RasaqBoi likes this.