1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets - State of the Union

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 4, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

his ability to do it is rubio-esque

D-rock likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

In the absence of talent you need system, fit, and smarts

We've got some great role players who , overall, have been instrumental in our success so far . But role players are role players and as a general rule they are not consistent.

Despite our performance thus far I feel like we still rely on harden too much at times .

I look forward to seeing what we look like as we get rested up + any moves we make , because as crazy as it may seem I think that our top level is not too far off from the big contenders .... It's just a matter of sustaining that play .

A healthy Capela makes this squad totally different . A shot blocker of his caliber , at his cost and role on O , is hard to find . Along with Bev and a rested Trev I think our D will be ok . We really need Anderson and Gordon to pick it up and for Dekker and trez to continues to grow .

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Seriously, dude, when did you go from being a moderately interesting yet tunnel-visioned poster to JC Denton, Jr.?

Yaosthirdleg and D-rock like this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i said they would finish top 4 in the West, so they are right on track for that

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  5. basketballholic

No. You're keeping him in the league and voting him on to the all-star team.

6. basketballholic

So Brown over Ferrell is justified? Please tell me you're not stupid and you don't believe that.

7. basketballholic

What's sad is you are intentionally, blindly ignorant that my only agenda is seeing my team win a title. Sad. But not surprising. Been reading your thought process for awhile now.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Rockets are doing so well. 10-7 in January shows these guys have so much fight (and fatigue) in them. Most people weren't expecting us to win 10 of every 17 games OVERALL, and the Rockets just did it on a criminal one month patch of schedule. They crushed December and that wasn't an easy month by any stretch of the imagination. On pace to win 57 even though our strength of schedule thus far has been among the top 5 most difficult in the league, and our remaining schedule is among the 5 easiest in the league.

I will be the first to get on them if they screw up from this point onwards, but all we have to do now is FINALLY get some practice time again, get some rest, make minor tweaks, maybe add a depth piece or two, and wipe the floor with our remaining reg season games so that we go into the playoffs like a well-oiled machine.

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL, same old Jopat.

10. basketballholic

Long after you went from being just boring and scatter brained poster to (a drudgery) D-rock.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?