1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets - State of the Union

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 4, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Now you're just being silly. The poster is advocating adding more players at any position that have the ability to facilitate for himself and teammates. That's hardly saying bring in a ball dominant point guard and make Harden into more of a traditional SG. Harden is the leading MVP candidate as a POINT guard and led the team full of role players to 3rd place in entire NBA.

That is far cry from your Rubio fetish .... Uh, solution.

2. basketballholic

Ball don't lie, son. Off the dribble, step backs, post spin moves to the rack. I mean. ......look, I told you the facts. Harden does not want Anderson doing that stuff. Either catch-and-shoot or "pass that....".

GOTTA WATCH THE GAMES. GOTTA KNOW THE PLAYERS.

3. basketballholic

Rubio is not ball dominant. Rubio is ball movement. Dude has shared the rock every season he's played in the Association. Ball dominant is Harden and Westbrook.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rubio can't do jack on offense except ball handle/pass. You expecting him to be spot up shooter, even as little as 35% of time would be too much.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. basketballholic

No I don't. I expect Rubio to move the basketball. He didn't need to shoot. Just move the ball. It'll work. They'd only be on the court together an overlapping 15 minutes anyways.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's why we need DMo. :D

On a serious note, our offense clearly rely too much on Harden. That's another way to say that we need another play maker. And our interior defense needs to be better, much better.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yeah, no thanks.

Mathloom likes this.
  8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

BULLCRAP about Lawson failing cuz of Harden. Lawson was sort of lessened in Houston, but Lawson sucked even WORSE when he went to the Pacers. LAWSON is why Lawson sucked. Even "prime example" Jeremy Lin had worse years after he left Houston.

Harden HAS shown that he'll occasional defer to a STRONG minded creator like Josh Smith who gives no F's. I still remember plain as day in playoffs last year Michael Beasley bringing ball up court looking for his cuz he's Beas, and all of a sudden Harden doing OFF the ball play CUTTING to under the basket for a pass catch and layup! Rockets were already down big, but I was like where has THAT kind of play and offense been?

Thats part why Gordon is effective, he's accomplished and secure and doesnt need Harden's blessing to produce, and Harden acknowledges that.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think this game was outlier and he cant do it consistently and in a high volume enough; even in this video mayority of points were 3s and that horrible spin move which rarely ever works here in houston..now i dont know if that is because some injury hes nursing or he regressed physically or just didnt acclimatized yet to his new environment, most probably he wasnt ever able to do it consistently nights in nights out but only in an occasional game

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

announcer at the beginning "Ryan had a great start last game, but did not score" -- typical uber-streaky anderson :D

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess you think of yourself as a decent basketball mind. With that in mind why should Rubio be the end of your options?

There will be better playmakers that can also shoot.

12. basketballholic

Bro,

It's simpler than all that.

Harden.want.ball.back.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. basketballholic

My basketball mind is way beyond Rubio being the end of all options. I have never stated such. I've even named other play making options that would work here with Harden. But every option is going to require the same thing to win a championship, moving Harden off the ball, where he needs to be for a significant part of the game to maximize his efficiency when he is on the ball, curb his turnovers, and increase his scoring and scoring efficiency, and provide that very important multi-dimensional offensive attack that would be impossible to defend.

But guys like you don't get it because you know I like Rubio and I've stuck up for him here when you trash him. So you come out with this fake news that Rubio is the only guy I want.

No, that's not the case. It just so happens that Rubio is available, along with other options. I don't think he's coming here at this juncture. Because I know Harden don't want him. Harden wants more Beverleys. Harden wants da ball.....period. Harden isn't in the frame of mind to accept anybody taking him off the ball. If we traded for John Wall, he'd be standing on the wing while Harden ran the circus for 99% of the possessions they were in there together. Wall would essentially be the backup point guard. They wouldn't share possessions like LeBron and Kyrie do, or Curry and KD do. Because....Harden want ball back....period.

If we traded for Paul George.....same thing. We're not going to be running sets for George with him breaking down his defender. No, he'll be setting up on the wing waiting for the Harden action. George will get his possessions when Harden sits. Not shared.

So Rubio is not the end of my options. Here's the real questions you should ask? Why is Harden the end of all options here? What happens to this team if Harden goes down for a month? Why? Why is it that no matter what game situation we are in we all know what we're going to do in those clutch moments? Why does our starting line-up have only two guys that we want dribbling the ball so we don't have to shield our eyes and talk our sphincter muscle out of cramping? Why is it that only one dude in the starting line-up can go make a play?

Instead of coming up with alternate facts that Rubio is the end of all my options ask yourself why guys like Yogi Ferrell are walking the streets while Bobby Brown is holding down a roster spot as Hardens body guard and we don't want anybody on this roster dribbling the basketball other than James, Pat, and Eric.

C'mon man.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Please relate the rest of Harden's rota of demands on his 'mates. Just this one time, just this once, you are out on a dimb-limb. Just this once.

15. rockpileindisma

Gotta bring in Ricky Rubio, spencer dinwiddie, and zeller. The sure fire stars. A true big 3.

Mathloom likes this.
  16. basketballholic

No context to any of that.

Let's just stick with DMo and Terrence Jones.

17. rockpileindisma

Terrance HAS to be out of the league by now amirite?

Little Bit and D-rock like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Surprisingly I am there with you that he can only come closer to the ship if he learns how to share the ball and drastically reduce TOs and sloppy plays.

But again he can do that with a near elite big man. Dwight showed they can come close and Dwight was clearly miles away from his Orlando form.

Harden has to trust that second star or third one, trust in them enough to share the ball much more.

Eric comes close to that star, he is injured too much and we need more.

Rubio was hailed the sensational kid from Spain, but he has not improved much since his Spanish championship days.

We have Bobby Brown on the roster just to secure his salary and we are a welfare group. JK.

Every team has spots for below average players, borderline NBA players. They are cheap and might have potential. Duds included.

#38 daywalker02, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

When Harden handles ball for significant part of the game, Rockets are on historic win streaks, top 3 team and contend for a ring (2014-2015 and 2016-2017). Never mind the MVP consideration and historic individual achievements. With Lawson or Lin, who fit your need to take ball out of Harden's hands for significant part of game, Rockets are lucky to even get into the playoffs never mind contend.

Your agenda appears to trump your love for the Rockets. Sad.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Have you ever noticed how bbholic loves to
    hijack threads started by respected posters?

D-rock, ThrillaNManilla and hakeem94 like this.