1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets Starting Line Up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 2, 2020.

?

Who is the Rockets Starting Line Up?

1. Harden - Wall - House - PJ - Wood

129 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. Harden - EGO - House - PJ - Wood

11 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Harden - Wall - House - Boogie - Wood

42 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Harden - Wall - Ego - Boogie - Wood

19 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Other

22 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  2. WiltTheStilt13

Head-McGrady-Battier-Howard-Yao

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Harden - Wall - House - PJ - Wood would be ideal but with all the guards on this team it maybe the best option.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Holy Fvck, this season just keeps knee capping Rockets fans.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

that would definitely signal a youth movement, with a starting forward coming back, which probably means that EGo is also gone.

basically a brand new team around Harden. It actually is shrewd...allows us to pivot either way.

Tucker locks you into competing right now. Youth and picks allows you to go either way.

6. MultipleSauces

We are going to play predominantly 5 out - high pick and roll with harden and wood with wall, house , and tucker spotting up on the three . Look at the Mavericks offense with luka . We are
    Going to score a ton of points , and our defense will be much improved . Wall is a better player than Russ - and he has a huge chip on his shoulder .

wall/ harden/ house / tucker / wood start the game

Wall comes out of the game early . Gordon comes in for him . Then boogie is the first big off the bench .when Harden goes out , wall comes back in and runs pick and roll with boogie . Then sub harden and wood with wall and boogie , rotating the 3+D wings . In the fourth quarter , wall / harden / tucker / wood / boogie could close out the game .

I’d be interested to see a PG/SG pick and roll with harden and wall, so they can hunt matchups and attack the weakest opponent guard . Wood can alternate setting hard picks and rolling to the rim, with slipping the pick and popping to the three, or slipping and going to the rim. This will keep the defense guessing .

Our offense under d’antoni was too predictable . In boxing terms it’s like saying , jabs don’t do any damage so we only throw haymakers . Our haymakers will land less often but they do 1 extra damage point : well now the enemy knows we only wanna throw haymakers and they’re anticipating it therefore making it predictable and easy to guard . We need to throw jabs (midrange) , mixed in with hooks and uppercuts (back door cuts; screens) . Only throw the haymaker when we have worn down the enemy and they least expect it .

One question I’d love to find out is, how good is John wall off the ball ? Can he change his game ? Can he run around screens ?

thanks for coming to my Ted talk

#46 MultipleSauces, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    hakeem94, James.B.H, IvanLCPM and 6 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I cannot believe this is not causing more discussion.

If Tucker is moved, I hope it's by trade deadline and if is sooner as @ch44 implies, it needs to be for a longer younger more explosive starter.

Nwaba should be able to pick up some of his slack defensively.

If healthy.

#47 D-rock, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Harden will make Boogie and Wall's lives so much easier.
    If Wall can run the early break like Westbrook did . . . .then come out and set up if it is not there
    I think we will definitely score alot and keep defenses on their heels.

Rocket River

9. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Harden - Wall - House - PJ - Wood

10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

this analogy really underscores why we lose in the playoffs.no jabs that's a brilliant example

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope not! PJ Tucker coming off the bench for limited minutes for vet leadership is exactly what this team still needs. Ego for a 3 and D player is exactly what we need.

D-rock likes this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I would be very happy with this.

raining threes likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wow

i hope it’s for a guy like otto porter, who would fit seamlessly with this group

D-rock likes this.
  14. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Hope not. I dont want to lose a durable dog in our squad, replaced by an injury prone player. He's unproven as well, good stats on bad teams. With the current roster, this year may turn out to be one of the worst in the beard era, as far as key players missing games due to injuries.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

The House has Harden over time, because the Wall is made of Wood.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Otto makes 28.5 million. More than 3x that of PJ.

I do not want to know who else we need to give up.

hakeem94, D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Yes PJ is a way better defender but House has become a good play maker off the dribble. You can’t do that with PJ who would trip over the court lines trying to dribble which is why he plays the 4. Ever wonder why it took PJ so long to catch on with an NBA team? Because he can’t dribble and was too small to play 4 back in 2006. Thanks to the modern NBA PJ has now become a rarity and a highly sought after 3&D guy who still can’t dribble but bc of analytics he has enough skills to play the PF position so as long as he doesn’t have to dribble.

hakeem94 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t buy it. Silas is already citing how he is going to lean on both Gordon and Tucker for training camp, and both players have already been talking to Silas.

Neither guy goes until the trade deadline. This is the squad we are bringing to camp unless someone knocks us over with an offer.

Also, you guys can keep Boogie off the bench for now, but just remember that it won’t last for long. If he is healthy, he is going to be a starter in short order, imo.

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm ok with that.

Fulgore likes this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising.

I love PJ...heart and soul...all that.

But, it sounds like him and EG are headed out for quality wings.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.