1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets signing former Pistons PG Khyri Thomas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 5, 2021.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

kinda rich coming from the self proclaimed "hartenstein only fan"

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Do you mean future MVP Isaiah Hartenstein?

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This is exactly why we need to send John Wall to Cabo and trade Augustine next year. Sure, guys like Khyri probably won't be any good but at least we'll have the spare rotation minutes to find our for ourselves.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Define "actively" moving him?

I believe Khyri Thomas is getting an audition right now. It's not just putting an 8 man team
    together to avoid forfeited games. Spalding, Patton, DJ Wilson and now Lamb also have or had
    their auditions.

The team can be on the fence with moving Augustin depending on the situation. Boy Scout
    rule, "always be prepared."

Keep in mind Conley was injured most of last season. One of the reason I have no faith in
    Suns or Jazz is because Conley and CP3 injury history around this time in the season.
    Jordan Clarkson is playing better than he did last year, added Favors again, and I'm a big
    fan of Bojan Bogdanovic.

I'm a big critic of Eric Gordon making big money coming off the bench in the past, but as a
    starter this season he has earned his keep. I expect him to bring us 18 points a game again
    next season.

Kenyon Martin Jr is taking advantage of the Silas system that House should be doing. Slash,
    cut, dive to rim. House should do it better as he is a bigger threat from 3. But that has not
    been the case. I'm ready to ship out Mr. flirt into the camera and post it-D House.

Nwaba and Sterling Brown are free agents.....so possibly a bidding war that Tilman won't want
    to get in. They won't get much (each) but it still may price us out.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm waiting for Clutchfans to anoint him "the next _____". Who is he???

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

For the record I don't expect Cade Cunningham and Jalen Green to make only a handful of All Star games over a 20 year career. I think each could make at least 12 out of 20 yr careers.

Michael Jordan made 14 All Star games.....every season he played. But took a season off to play
    baseball and then retired and unretired. So MJ could have been an All Star for 18 seasons, and
    yes I consider that an All Star for decades. Even at 14 All Stars, because it covered a time span
    greater than 10 years.

If Player A has 12 All Stars but failed to make the All Star game his first two season
    (8 out of 10 seasons), but made an All Star in the first two season of the second set of
    10 years.......10 All Star games out of 12 seasons. Is it not multiple All Stars over greater
    than a 10 year span. Meaning plural decades.....not just one
    decade (10 yrs)? If you tell Player A he was only an All Star for a decade.....he will fire
    back, more than a decade. Meaning plural or more than a decade. Two sets of 10 year
    spans. Decades

#86 ApacheWarrior, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He is scoring 27 points per 36 minutes, shooitng 57% from the field, 40% from 3, 100% from the line.

He is the next Steph Curry for sure.

There's only one question left: Can Khyri Thomas carry his own team?

No Worries, BossHogg713 and napalm06 like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

His name suggests Kyrie Irving plus Isiah Thomas. I can see it

Easy likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

More of a catch and shooter than creator.

But plays better defense than both those guys combined.

ApacheWarrior and napalm06 like this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i like what i see out of him. could be a nice bench addition. plays decent D and makes good aggressive drives to the basket on offense.

also built like a brick shithouse.

RudyTBag, D-rock and sydmill like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He should replace House in the rotation next season.

Bo6, D-rock, cmoak1982 and 1 other person like this.
  12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

echoes of Kelvin ...

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I love how he complements Porter and Wood actually, catch and shoot sniper as well as a plus switch defender.

And more consistent 3ball shooter than Armoni Brooks.

Bo6, 18pbr, xiki and 1 other person like this.
  14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I like Brooks a lot though, profiles well as an instant offense guy off the bench

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Brooks as instant offense off the bench as well. Similar role as EGo and now DJ Augustin.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love Thomas's defense. He was playing really good defense on Lillard last night. Although I prefer a switch everything scheme, it was impressive fighting through those Nurkic drives. Lillard still got the best of him because honestly, too hard to play one on one defense on such a good shooter from long range without playing the switch.

D-rock and 18pbr like this.