1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to 4-year, $32 million deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
?

Do you like the signing of Trevor Ariza?

1. YES

610 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. NO

170 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Kinda wish McRoberts was still available -- woulda been great next to Dwight. Ilyasova is a great plan C (or D) for a stretch 4

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Man, this skybox writer didn't exactly go out of his way to make Trevor Ariza feel welcome. <a href="http://t.co/lSaLc5Bphs">pic.twitter.com/lSaLc5Bphs</a></p>&mdash; Jerome Solomon (@JeromeSolomon) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeromeSolomon/statuses/488329262370271232">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  3. Remii

Remii Member

You make some good points. I actually want them to keep Asik. He mad so what. I think the cap hit is $8 million so Morey signed him to that contract _ pay him... Les got it. But that's a big hole to fill.

Morey isn't finished yet, still a long off-season. Lin may be covered and I do think Beverley can improve his shooting... I mean I hope.

I don't think Trevor is the 6th man player that puts us over the top. That 3pt percentage is fools gold he had last season.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

How is it fool's gold? He had almost 450 three point attempts...you dont fluke your way to 41% off that many attempts.

You act as if people cant improve a skill over time.

1 person likes this.
  5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Most importantly, a lot of them were spot-up threes (perfect for our offense)

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Who gave me this anonymous rep for my above quoted comment?

"Stop. Posting. Now. You clearly don't know anything about basketball or the Rockets. I'm serious, stop posting."

Would like this person to elaborate, lovely when someone's hiding behind anonymous rep and doesn't have anything to say substance-wise, especially when he shows a lack of understanding of the game and has to resort to such a lousy rep instead of debating in the thread.

1 person likes this.
  7. Remii

Remii Member

Words you will never hear me say, "I don't want KD." Lol... I bet Harden talks to him but I think Washington has a better chance. When a team like Washington starts making moves like this and saying KD's name specifically _ that means they know he is interested. That's his home area.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did I receive the rep from haydenfisher? Matches his stupid one word per line posting style from yesterday.

9. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't say people _ I said Trevor. But maybe he'll keep shooting over 40% like you believe.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Oh, okay, I didnt realize that Trevor was immune to improvement. My bad.

Okay, well, he's improved his 3 pt % every year since the 2010-2011 NBA season...And even the previous year, he shot 36%, which isnt far off from what Chandler just produced.

I guess he'll just drop back down to 34% or less because you say so.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I got a rep calling me LOF because I hit a one liner and posted in a Jeremy thread for the second or third time.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hell yeah. But we would have tried to take advantage of Ariza's expiring contract this year.

And I definitely wouldn't trade Lin, 1st, Parsons and Asik for Ariza and NO's pick.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You got hit with the LOF tag too. Man some of these reps are off the chains.

14. amak

amak Member

I'm quite happy rockets didn't get bosh. Remember a few years back how he didn't give a hoot about Houston. 80 mill was excessive for him. Parsons plays his heart out every time, I think 46 mill is slightly over his worth, but he'll play like he's worth it. Better to get stacked with good role players than single superstars, like bosh. Ariza has been impressive the last couple of years and he was a steal. Go Rockets!!!

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It is over the worth, but he is still improving. He will never be a guy deserving of that contract, but the cap is going up in 2 years and it might be a less headache of a contract.

16. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Sounds like Gregonomics.

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. Parsons would be better coming off the bench, but McHale has a love affair with Parsons. He will start Parsons and probably still have him playing 40+ minutes.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My thoughts exactly.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh god. The Parsons Only Fans are here!

And also this is another reason why I hate anonymous rep. People use it to bash you anonymously.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes, the people that rep and expect the other guy to rep them back will leave their names anyways, so that point about preventing rep cycles is not really good. Non-anonymous rep would be a way better solution.