1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to 4-year, $32 million deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
?

Do you like the signing of Trevor Ariza?

1. YES

610 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. NO

170 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Because as a role player he is perfect. His first stint he was asked to do too much. Dwight and Harden need role players who complement them. Ariza plays great Defense and shoots threes at a rate of 40%. Is that really a serious question?

He also help a team overachieve last year and help Kobe get a championship without Shaq while being a great role player. That is worth 8 million in the NBA. He defends better than Parsons and has a better 3-point % and won't have a bad back mid way through the season.

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I have a bad feeling about not matching Parsons today

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Parsons is better than Ariza but we have no other 3 on the roster who can play solid minutes. This guy can shoot and defend 2 positions. He's the perfect 6th man for us and checks several boxes. We have Ariza on this roster in last year's playoffs (in addition to Parsons) and we advance. We needed a stopper on the wing who could also shoot. That's ?Ariza!

Morey needs to bring back Aaron Brooks too, who's an underrated gamer with payoff experience. The trade for Hamilton was terrible.

4. R=$

R=$ Member

Chandler / Ariza > Bosh / Lin

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Trevor can start for several teams in the league Remii. He is solid on both ends of the court. LOL He might not be as good as Parsons but he is not a scrub players.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LikeMike thanks for the breakdown.

So we can't go get players like Jameer Nelson, Jordan Crawford, Nzar Mohammed, Paul Pierce, Chris Humpherys or Mo Williams if we don't match Parsons contract.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling that Ariza will be traded within a year.

8. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Parsons at 180 pounds can not be a starting power forward...he needs to go. Rockets need defensive players and Ariza was the first step...next step is bringing in a veteran pf

9. Remii

Remii Member

Compared to Parsons and what Parsons can do _ Trevor is a scrub Baller.. Last year was a contract year for him so you know how that goes with athletes _ especially older guys. The clock strikes midnight for him when the season starts. I'm ok with bringing him here but that's only as a backup.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Well brother prepare to be upset because I don't think we will match the offer. Morey and Co. might think he is a better fit alongside Harden and Howard. We all know Ariza plays solid defense, he runs the court well, solid rebounder at his position and can shoot the 3 ball fairly well. Yes we will miss Parsons in some areas but it is what it is Remii.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If some jerkoff teams were willing to pay Hayward and Parsons this kind of money, then they'd be willing to trade for him, too.

I'm guessing Morey matches and worries about the "details" next December.

12. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

What do we think the reason is that Ariza picked Houston over Washington for the same money?

He knows that team, did well on that team.....

Really weird for him to leave.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What the Rockets really needed in addition to the roster they already had, and what almost all of us were screaming for, was a 3 & D player. Trevor Ariza fits that description to a T.

If we don't bring back CP25 then I think we are worse. If we bring back CP25 and Troy Daniels then I think we are significantly better than we were last season.

1 person likes this.
  14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It would have and should have been Bosh/Parsons. We find out today if we end up with Ariza/Parsons or Ariza/that's all folks. Lin was gone no matter what, and everyone knew this even during the playoffs. Well, except for him I guess. He found out when we photoshopped his number on Carmelo or at least he acted as so.

15. Remii

Remii Member

I think imah throw up:( Lol...

I'm hoping they match, but yes I'm definitely prepared because Parsons contract gives Morey no control so I am worried.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think he really likes the situation in Houston. Harden and Howard make up two of the best players in the league and are arguably the best players at their respective positions. Houston has a legit chance at the NBA finals as long as they are on the team. Add to the fact that Houston has a great facility and a coach that other players love and I think a lot of players at or around Ariza's talent level would find Houston very attractive. I think Lowry would have signed in Houston if he would have known for a fact that the money would be available.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We also need a backup center and a backup PG. And we need a stretch 4 to give Howard and Harden room in the paint.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Parsons would be hard to trade. Can't trade him in his 1st year and he can opt out his 3rd year. So if he's good and Morey tries to trade him next December, teams will be cautious about trading for him because he can opt out at the end of the season. If he sucks _ teams will be cautious about trading for him because he can opt in for that 3rd year. Parsons trade value is very limited under that contract and Cuban and Parsons agent did that ish purposely.

Scary thing is... In two years they get a new TV deal and players can get bigger contracts. That's why LeBron only signed a 2 year max in Cleveland. He'll hit them with the 5 when the TV deals kick in. Howard and Harden can opt out their deals in 2 years too (and Parsons if they resign him)... Morey better not F this up.

19. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

No state income tax in Texas, Ariza pockets $3 million more with Houston.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The jury is out, if we match Parsons, to whether we are better or not until these areas are addressed, I agree.