1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets sign rookies White, Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 25, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'd literally try and jump through the computer to punch Rockets' management.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Not looking good on the Dwight front. As soon as Lamb signs, I think it might be time for all of us to move on.

3. Asian Sensation

Sign Parsons and Lamb next. Leave them Patterson and Morris. **** the Magic.

4. AirZona12

AirZona12 Member

Nobody mentioned both parties coming "closer" to an agreement. But the signings do not indicate that a deal is not happening for 30 days as mentioned by HMMMMMMMM, in fact, you can better reason that these actions show that Lamb is being kept in a flexible and maneuverable position to be traded in the coming days. Who knows what is exactly stopping Orlando from doing a deal, but whats stopping Houston from signing Lamb?

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Parsons signed last year?

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yes he did. On the books for 3 more years for only slightly more than the minimum.

7. Asian Sensation

Error on my part. Add a no trade clause to Parsons contract. :grin:

8. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Let's pile up all the facts. Morey's tweets the other day, strong indication that the Rockets are content rolling with what they have. The mention of top5 cap space this season and next season. Basically signaling they have the room to make a move... Sometime in the next two years. The reports of the Magic willing to hold onto Dwight. Lamb is gonna sign in the next few days and then he's not eligible to be traded for 30 days. The Magic is not gonna take just Lamb Ppat/Morris and draft picks. We already know that it's unlikely DMo or Parsons get dealt. Yeah, things aren't looking good on the Dwight front

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lets be honest here guys. Do the Magic have any deadline's to where they must by all means move Dwight Howard????

30 days is nothing. They probably prefer to trade him sooner than later, but they must feel that the deals they have out there will still be out there at the start of training camp, or possibly even at the trade deadline. Better deals might actually come around closer to training camp.

Just because this guy is signed and that guy isn't means nothing.

The only thing that matters is the dates to when some of the non-guaranteed contracts become guaranteed in the coming days. Those guys can be useful to fill salary on deals, but they aren't going to dictate whether a deal is going to happen or isn't going to happen either way.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Motiejunas I'd like to keep. Lamb? Mehhhhh....

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Might be Morey turning up the screws a little. "OK, Hennigan. You keep fiddling around, unable to make up your mind. Well, I just took two of our rookies off the table, at least for now. Unless you act soon, I'm signing the other two, and you won't be able to sniff a deal until after Labor Day. You want to talk further? Call my secretary. I'm going to London."

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with trading Martin, Lamb, Morris, Patterson and some picks. I want to keep Parsons.

13. AirZona12

AirZona12 Member

I completely agree with you, but the signings (for the third time) do not 100% eliminate the possibility of a trade happening. Its already been confirmed that Morey isn't giving up all 3 young guns to the Magic, whether or not that is the deciding factor for the Magic or not. Did Lamb tell you he will sign in the next few days? No. Can alot happen in negotiations in the "next few days?" yes, obviously that has been the case for a month now. And I see that you are now reading every report about the Magic and assuming it is completely valid and reliable...I want people to stop making illogical assumptions and evaluate news from different angles. A glass isn't just half empty, its also half full, but spin it and believe how you want to.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yeah D-Mo and Lamb are probably the two main guys they want. If we are trading both of them along with the TOR pick we better not be taking back a bunch of bad salary too. And if Lamb’s going out I’d want to keep KMart if we could work that out somehow…

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Do you want him more than Donuts? Can't have it all.

16. Asian Sensation

I laughed.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

If the deal is going to happen soon (next week), it seems it will look something like this:

Martin, Lamb, Patterson/Morris, and Toronto 1st (as well as other pieces for cap) for Dwight and J Rich. That seems fairly reasonable. Not overwhelming, but it's better than anything else out there. I'd prefer to keep Patterson over Morris, but I wouldn't let that be a hang up.

I think Parsons is virtually untouchable, as is DMo.

18. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

No matter the thread Dwight trade talk still exists

19. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

@MarkBermanFox26 Per source: Rockets have signed all of their draft picks: Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, Terrence Jones, and Furkan Aldemir.

20. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Still don't see why we trade all our rookies for Dwight Howard. Best Center? Yes. But facts are #1 he's injured, #2 he's set to be a free agent #3 has made it clear he does not want to come to the Rockets..

It'd be one thing if he was healthy, and was open to signing to Houston long-term.

Being that huge a gamble doesn't warrant us giving away all of our assets.