1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 2, 2016.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

we've had a lot of bad luck lately, but I'm sure things will play in our favor soon enough. Hope B-easy can deliver.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Thx... do we know if there's any chance he's available Saturday?

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Three days off most likely he does play I'm guessing. Also Gouldlock

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/beaslmi01/gamelog/2014/

He also played in Miami with just Wade and then Bosh got ill second half the season. So I think maybe you're an idiot?

5. KlutchQT

I think Feigen said Andrew was waiting for his gf to have their baby before he came. Not sure when that is.

ETA: Hopefully she's having it now so he can be here Saturday lol.

6. Rocketeer4Life

Nice one Morey! Another player with character! =)

7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Source?

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

FIBA clearance usually takes a while

9. KlutchQT

Sorry, not Feigen. Calvin Watkins.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Newly acquired Rockets guard Andrew Goudelock won't be with the team until his significant other has their baby.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/705139020066484224">March 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

For real?

11. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

We can also add to the fact that he and Durant are childhood friends. Does DM have a long-term plan brewing here?

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He's the Beas Knees!!!

13. csc177

csc177 Member

People underestimate how close Beasely and Durant actually are. This move, quietly, may have tipped the scale in our favor, even if just a little bit. Bring in Scott Brooks throw in James Harden's pitch and uhhh....we may actually have a puncher's chance this time.

I dont think Durant likes Howard or his personality, so yeah D12, while he may walk anyway, won't be missed.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Beasley won't be alone... ask McHale how easy it was to coach Harden

Talented players have their egos

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Morey has done it again. This is genius. Durant said he wanted to go back to his hometown DC as a very serious option. Well Morey just goes and gets the DC and brings it to Houston for him.

B-Easy is Durant's hometown, childhood best friend. Like they are brothers. Seriously. Not like "hey my brother, what's happening", I mean bruh-therrrrrs. They were raised together, all day every day. They transferred into schools together. They make Smith-Howard look like a casual acquaintance. And the chemistry? The ceiling in through the roof! KD would help Mike stay focused too I think.

Durant would get this in Houston:
    -A big 3 in Harden/Durant/ Howard or another big name
    -Rolling with his University of Texas Mafia-Houston Chapter, the biggest chapter.
    -Huge city way cooler than NYC, LA or any other city. Best city in the U.S. There is a reason why sooooo many athletes choose H-Town as their home. Durant knows this. He knows this from his UT days, from All Star weekends, and from being a multimillionaire who travels through our city for 10+ years.
    -Choose your own coach
    -Play with your very close friend Harden
    -Have your brother and best friend Beasley on your squad going for that ring
    -Great shot at getting that ring

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Y'all should know this is all Morey can come up with. The PF position is not giving us nothing. So why not bring in Beasley, the young man can rebound the ball better than what we have. He can score the ball better than them too. ( this is not a knock on Dmo ) he's rusty. Once he gets his legs back, then he will be the best scorer out our Power Forwards.

We all knew Lawson would be bought out. So what's the bickering and complaining for, the season is a damn wash anyway.
    And if we do make the playoffs, it will more and likely be the 8th seed. So we all can chalk it up as a 1st round exit because the Warriors are on a mission. Maybe we can pull off an Denver over Seattle upset but I highly doubt it.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Great points - I hope they sway KD - but let's be real about Houston. It's a great place to live, great culture, and tons of stuff to do, low cost of living etc... but it's really hard to sell it as cooler than NYC, LA, Chicago or SF. Trust me, I've tried haha. I think it's reasonable to say it's comparable to those cities though.

18. koby1868

koby1868 Member

If they are as close as you say why didn't he every play with him in OKC.

19. cdrive

I'm a homer for my hometown, what can I say, gimme a break will ya? :grin:

Big super rich athletes want a 6,000 sqft mansion with a 10 car garage and 5 acres. You can't do that on the islands of SF or Manhattan. Chicago is cold as hell and LA was yesterdays news 10 years ago. Houston is on the up. Has been on the up for quite a while now. Once they come here, they don't leave....(Tmac....JVG...Horry...I'm missing a few others...but lots get their opinion changed once they live here a little bit)

I do love visiting SF and Chicago though... fun cities.

20. cdrive