1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 2, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are talking head cases vs cancer

Those guys with some loose screws and not the right mindset are not

necessarily ruining chemistry, they just do not add any additional chemistry

to the team

Josh Smith actually had some positive impact on the team

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

That was sarcasm. People assume that if you bring a new guy in and the team loses then it must be he killed team chemistry. Drexler came in it definitely had a negative effect on Maxwell but no one ever accuses him of killing team chemistry because the team won.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Teams have until the end June before their team salary is calculated for the tax.

These contracts could help work a trade, ie help match salaries for an off-season/draft day trade.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I will say this. Whatever happened to the days where Morey would seek out the Battier's, Scola's, and Delfino's of the NBA?

I have to say that I do miss having those type of players on the roster that are so easy to root for. Scola was instrumental in Parsons' success early in his career, and almost as soon as he left Chandler's head exploded.

So I get it guys. But I do understand the move to secure in training camp invites now rather than this Summer. However the media will laugh at this as if Morey just gave Beasley a 5 year max contract or something. We just need to realize that Morey isn't dumb. He's not putting together anything that can't be undone easily.

I personally just wish he'd be able to find gambles like Scola that are so much easier to root for & are higher BBIQ. I get it guys trust me.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Brandon bass & Courtney + first (2 solid players & good locker room guys that were cool with Howard)

Was available for AISK. U think he did the trade NOPE !!!

Why?? - FLEXIBILITY

instead we got Dekker for 1 first.

Let's not make excuses for morey

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

How have Royce White, Josh Smith, or Michael Beasley killed our team chemistry?

Royce White was never even with the team.
    Josh Smith, from the outside looking in, seems to get along great with both Harden and Dwight. The team seemed to be ecstatic when he came back. He helped the team get to the WCF last year. His play this year has been garbage, but he's far from a chemistry killer.
    Beasley hasnt even joined the team yet.

I'll give you Ty Lawson, but he was far from being a "head-case". Just a dude with a drinking problem.

Stro Swift was a CARROLL DAWSON pick up, not Morey.
    Wafer actually played well for the Rockets, and far from a chemistry killer.

7. Asian Sensation

Hostel!

8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Morey has lost it. Fire him.

[​IMG]

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

A part of me thinks Morey deserves another season at least with Harden since he was the one who acquired him. But if we do similar or worse next season, Morey needs to go.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm not arguing against you, because at this point there's nothing to lose. You know Josh Smith or Jones has to be waived to make room for him?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lawson & Thornton were waived.
    Goudelock & Beasley take their spots.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

no bc offense isn't the biggest difference in what the Rockets are this year.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

it's time for the rockets to give up on being a good defensive team this year, it's just not going to happen. By all means, still try to give more effort and switch it up, but realistically the Rockets will not magically flip a switch and become an average defensive team.

James Harden has said that with 20 games left, what we need to do in order to make the Playoffs is find our niche. Right now it's all about trying to outscore your opponents. Beasley should be able to help in doing that.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah it won't happen at this point defensively. but yeah beasley has the ability to put up pts but I won't be expecting much change from this team. that pf spot is just a complete mess

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Beasley arrives to sign with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a>: &quot;It's a blessing for me, chance to show who I am and what I can do&quot; <a href="https://t.co/z27yHtOC2s">pic.twitter.com/z27yHtOC2s</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/705471901267660801">March 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Beasley arrives in Houston to sign with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a>. He says he'll bring &quot;hard work, help and a winning mentality.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/705472774018478081">March 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

^^^^^^ was Beasley smoking on the plane? ;)

17. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Did you just ask yourself a question?

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

[​IMG]

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Here's hoping he has a Hassan Whiteside-ish resurrection of his career. Maybe the year abroad has helped him mature.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

haha it's a slow day broooooooo.