1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Marqus Blakely through 2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sham, Apr 12, 2011.

1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I love your site Sham. I use it all the time to check salaries. Keep up the good work.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

6'5 PF. Face Palm.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

[​IMG]

made me lol

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow Sham of Sham Sports? OMGWTFBBQ :eek:

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's another ploy by Morey to use in contract negotiations with Hayes. He will tell Hayes, we can offer you a Landry level contract and that's it. If you take a hike, we will use the poor man's version of Hayes for the NBA minimum wage. The Rockets will miss the playoffs with or without Hayes.

After Morey has the doctor ask for an MRI and X-rays on some minor injury that "may require surgery", it will lower his free agent stock even more. Then, Morey will sign him to a Landry-level contract and say the injury was not as bad as originally thought. Then, Blakely will be released from his non-guaranteed contract, because the Rockets signed a better undersized forward.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

He actually measured 6'6(w/shoes) with 7'1 wingspan. Which will allow him to play more like a 6'8 - 6'9 PF, but still some what undersized.

7. AXG

AXG Member

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I don't go to his site; I go to hoopshype for salary info, but Larry Coon mentions shamsports all the time. So, PROPS! I'll have to give Sham's site a chance. I don't think Hoopshype ever came here to post.

9. anchel

anchel Member

The original source:

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Can Marqus Blakely be our Jeff Green type of player? I like what I'm seeing from this kid, let's hope he gets an opportunity here.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, holding the summer league without NBA players or draft picks would have been pointless, anyway. Smart decision to scrap it.

No, but he can be our "Mike Harris type of player," for whatever it's worth.

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we already have an undersized power forward playing center. i would like to see us sign someone to play a position wherein size does not have to be qualified by ephemeral concepts like "wingspan."

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

another cat?
    coincidence? i think not

and PLEASE BE A DEFENSIVE SF? or a two dimensional SF