1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Sign Marbury in Push for Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I read this new article. So much wrong with sports online media. I'll leave this one quote from the article and won't vent:

"No disrespect to both players, but having Brown and Taylor will only result in another first round exit."

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Marbury signed with the other Beijing team.

3. CALI_MOST_WANTD

When I first seen title right now first thought was "it's to late for April fools" than clicked on thread and read date of first post and realized I was right but I was the late one to this thread.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

i appolize but i dont have starting thread privledges, i wanted to start a thread based on this article, about him suggesting that marbury get signed with houston as a faciltator off the bench. Didnt mean to post fake news.

5. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

My reaction when my failed April Fools attempt (one upvote) is necro bumped to the top of the GARM. :eek:

6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

I straight up called out that trash "rockets new site" for exactly that lol

7. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

LOL MDA plays 14th/15th guy? Do they have 15M/yr contracts? Are they secret agents from opponents? Are they locker room cancers?

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

This guy is still on our payroll. Might as well put him on the bench.

Deckard likes this.
  9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

And then the crowd was chanting: MVP MVP ...

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know what value cranking this thread back up has, but I did get something out of it. I had no idea that Marbury has played for 8 seasons in China. 8 seasons! I wonder if he ever learned how to use chopsticks. You would think so. Who holds the record for the most seasons played by a former American NBA player playing in China? Anyone know? Is it Marbury?

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dammit, I want my 15 minutes back, Deckard. :)

Okay, so American Jason Dixon played 10 seasons in China and won 5 championships. He was the second player ever to have his number retired by the CBA (Yao was the first). The only other American to have his jersey retired at this point is T-Mac, and I'm sure Marbury's will be if it isn't yet. Dixon also played in Turkey, Israel, Argentina, Sweden, Cyprus, the Philippines and Thailand during his career.

[​IMG]

As for Americans who actually played in the NBA, the only other one I could find who played parts of at least 8 seasons was former Rocket Mike Harris. Admittedly, my research was limited to Wikipedia.

HakeemOnlyFan, Easy and Deckard like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

15 minutes well spent! I honestly thought 8 seasons might be the record. Thanks, topfive. :)

HakeemOnlyFan and topfive like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow. This dude played 10 seasons in China and still managed to play in 7 other countries? Legendary!

Thanks for the research. :)

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

wow we gonna win a championship this year without melo... lmao

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Josh howard to the lakers . fool cant take it.. LMAO