1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Nov 1, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Chemistry and leadership. A 15th man on the roster doesn't shoot much from outside and the free throw line and he doesn't outrun people a lot either.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

I knew he was going to come back this year. Never a doubt in my mind. LA was not going to keep him. Morey let him out, he made some money with LA and he got him back for the price he wanted.

Y'all act like Chuck wasn't the leader of this team back in the days when we had McLazy running around half assin' it years ago. None of us wanted to see him go. I am very glad he is back home where he belongs.

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Desperation move if you ask me...

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Leadership. Morey can see we lack it.

5. rocketsmetalspd

Only time will tell, I am glad Chuck is back on the team. Another Veteran is not bad to add to the team. He should be good influence to the young bigs on the team.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great signing, Disgusting thread.

I believe I speak for the diehards when I say that you turds in here really stink, and I give you a collective :rolleyes: to hear you question the value of Chuck Hayes, all these years later. Shame on you all.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

What about Jason Eugene Terry? These guys probably don't know who Chuckwagon is.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Lazy dalembert? Are you serious !!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is like the 2008-09 Rockets bringing Mutombo back.

10. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Josh Smith - (Rookie) & Denzel Livingston Impressed. Walker & Cummings showed some potential. I'm glad they are with the Vipers. Even Tyler did some things.

When shots don't drop and the offense becomes sticky/stagnant with too many turnovers... the D & Rebounding must be even more Intense & Smarter to keep them in position to WIN after adjustments are made or shots begin to drop.

Hayes provides that along with Veteran Leadership, western conference playoff experience, good passing, and finishing at the rim. The play of Montrezl has been the only other positives I have seen since the new season has started.

#90 djperm, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why would the Rockets cut Hayes when DMo gets back? What would be the point?

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What makes it a desperation move? It was a move they wanted to do prior to the season. Its a non-guaranteed contract. What exactly makes it a desperation move?

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Exactly lol, filling your last roster spot with a vet is quite common.

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

When you have a roster spot and you sign Hayes, it's a desperation move. because you couldn't find anything good to sign, so you signed Hayes out of desperation that there's no one else you could get.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Or because Jones sucks ass and DMo is out, you're desperate to sign someone play at PF. You sign Hayes

16. benchmoochie

Nobody makes desperation moves two games into the season. I'm not sure what you expect out of that last roster spot without rearranging salaries.

Bandwagon fan.

17. benchmoochie

I love your analysis. You sound 15. Ok they could be thin at the front court hence the signing. Or have you ever thigh Hayes could teach them how to position better to get boards or play paint defense. No you didn't. You probably screamed the same **** when terry was signed.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Glad that the Texans were able to get him back home. The Chuckwagon really is a great complimentary PF/C...He will get these guys to play better in practice.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Now we know why the Rockets have been struggling; there wasn't an undersized center on the roster! Championship! Welcome back Chuck.

20. bmd

bmd Member

Cap room.