1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets sign Cameron Oliver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 9, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just a friendly FYI

Larry Johnson played 37.2 mins per game in his rookie season.
    Before tonight's game Cameron Oliver 21 mins per game.

36-mins..............pts............rebs..........PER.........ORtg...........DRtg...........USG%.......3P%.......
    Larry Johnson:....18.6............10.6...........18.9...........116.............110..............21.2%........22.7%....
    Cameron Oliver:..25.7............5.6.............24.4...........130.............114..............22.6%........37.5%....

Cam FT% is 33% so let's not talk about that.lol. but like 69% internationally.

I don't care personally where he has been; but where he is now. If he keeps playing like this.

Rockets try to create spacing with bigs by having them near 3-pt line. LJ not so much back then.
    Pertaining to some rebounding.

Sorry if it feels like I'm picking on you. I'm not, just like talking B-ball with knowledgeable people.

2. sydmill

sydmill Member

No sweat. I just think it's unlikely that Oliver is much more than a guy you take a flyer on. The chances he pans out as a rotational player (much less a guy like Larry Johnson) are pretty remote. He looks better than expected but keep in mind 30 teams, including the Rockets who had an up close view of him, could have signed him at any point given the covid attrition this season. And he was picked up in the final week of the season.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That doesn't bother me as it does you. Beverley also went abroad as did Tucker.

Sometimes players are bound by their contracts until their season ends.

Josh Smith was not able to sign earlier with us until the Chinese league season ended, I believe.

Sergio Llull is always bound by that.....high pay to team if he leaves for Rockets.

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

California had their own little summer league in Sac that already ended, I don't think he even played. I'm hoping that he was just listed for theirs since his home is in Sacramento and he wanted a workout? and maybe he still comes to Houston for the Vegas summer league, but that's probably me being a delusional CO fan.

jch1911 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would have preferred signing Oliver or Spalding over Lamb.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Golden State is in the Vegas summer league, too. It doesn't mean he's gonna play, but ...

D-rock likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

I was just inquiring about Cam Oliver and looked on Clutchfans and found out he signed with Golden State. I would've loved him over Lamb too....Lamb offers NOTHING