1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Bruno Fernando to camp deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Bunch of jokers think 19 year old Garuba should be better than 23/24 year old Bruno Fernando. He isn't, he shouldn't be Fernando has years of weight room work, basketball study, practice on him. Garuba at 24 with 3 more years of work and practice is why you can handle him having little impact now. All this cut Garuba bullshit is too much.

Sengun absolutely ruined it for y'all. It's wild. Y'all think teenagers just walk up to NBA professionals and start doing it like that. Even Porter, is he not one of the best 21 year old guards right now? Everyone wanted the old hats gone, wanted the rebuild. It's been like 2 seasons and people eyebrow beating a literal teenager for not being a good enough 3rd string center.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

That 3-pt stroke looks pure. Day-ummm! Who knew!? I can see it: a four-flat, iso-Bruno offense, with a step-back three at the buzzer in Game 7? Rox win! Rox win!

But seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing him shoot wide-open pick-and-pop or kick-out 3s.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am not for cutting Garuba, I just don't believe he will get any time in Houston when there are better players ahead of him, and he will be traded.

DD

coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let them fight for the minutes. Garuba, Bruno, Boban, WCS, Chriss... Did I miss someone?

roslolian and DaDakota like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ people acting like Bruno Fernando doing a couple of years at University of Maryland and the Maine Celtics is like Rocky Balboa training in the winter in Siberia. :D

It's funny because previously - a few pages back - people (well, ok, person) was arguing his stint at Real Madrid Baloncesto was in fact much more significant training than any mere NCAA collegian could ever hope to attain.

Guys as young as or younger than Garuba showed something last year and this summer. Meanwhile he showed what most late first rounders do - fringe NBA player at best with no reason to deviate from the most likely outcome.

Pistol Pete, roslolian and DaDakota like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a big fan of Bruno, always have been impressed by what he does and how efficiently he does it. He's a rebounding machine and looks like he has the potential to be a PJ tucker type of guy.

The Rockets should keep both Bruno and Garuba.

Sengun
    Smith
    Tate
    Green
    KPJ
    EG
    KJ
    JC
    Nix
    Tari
    TyTy
    Garuba
    Bruno
    Matthews
    Boban

There's room for them both.

r-fan-since-81, saleem and Little Bit like this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Injuries could say different. Pro sports are a winding road & there’s no telling how and when his opportunity may come.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is an excellent point @TEXNIFICENT I hadn't considered that.

DD

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm pleased to read this news item.

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Let the best man win.

DD

coachbadlee likes this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yikes! That's a little harsh. But yeah.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lmao!

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I thought Bruno was 27-28. Didn't know he was that young. Just keeps getting better and better for Garuba.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe you are right, Sengun did indeed ruin it for everyone. But that's also the point, if he aint good enough to be on the level of Sengun, then Garuba is prob not gonna be more than a fringe NBA player his entire career.

The reality is NBA teams only have a few spots to develop players, other than those guys who have the most potential they just don't have time for you that's why players like PJ Tucker, Robert Covington and Chris Wood bounce around even if they have proven they can bring a lot to an NBA team. In Garuba's case he needs to show he is gonna be a lot better than Bruno Fernando cuz if not then I'd rather just have Bruno Fernando. At least BF is already a "made" product and shows he can function really well as a dunker and rim defender. He even has a little bit of shooting and being an older prospect Rox with 0 hype behind him Rox can prob lock him up for cheap.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You can say it however you like, expecting every single teenager to start their career like that is unrealistic at best. Cutting him would be foolish.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why would it be foolish? Dude hasn't shown anything and even if he does it's not like his potential off the chains he's an undersized center/pf at 6'8, he projects as a backup big at best and Rox would be in serious trouble if he is starting. I'm ok for keeping him now just cuz you still have him on a rookie deal but his contract is only 3 years right? He on year 2 now he needs to start showing something.

Only thing he's known for is ******** his pants.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Garuba is known for more than that.

A lot of shitty memories on CF.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Those are good indicators but unless he shows it in the NBA he isn't known for that yet. The only thing he is known for is ******** his pants cuz that went viral.

Right now I prefer Bruno Fernando over him cuz BF is 6'10.25 in shoes and has 7'3 wingspan. If BF was Spanish instead of American he'd have lead the Spanish team internationally as well and all these guys would be talking about how well Bruno Fernando played instead of Garuba.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno is going to spend most of his time with the Vipers.

And unless Favors is traded, Bruno very unlikely to see any meaningful minutes with Rockets.

Enjoy.