1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Brandin Knight to 10-day contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tuk88, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

"Former Pitt point guard Brandin Knight signed a 10-day contract with Houston"

I tried finding a thread on this, so apologies if this is posted. I just want to see what people think of this guy, and if he has improved his shooting since college. You can find good info via google for starters. If they really signed him, Barrett's recent string of bad games may be a result of his being scouted a bit more by opposing teams. If he doesn't step up (remember Derrick Chievous?), and I hope he does because he breaks defenses down well, then this may be a more serious move. Anyone but Ward though, so I hope one of these guys elevates his game.

January 16, 2005

Rockets

Former Pitt point guard Brandin Knight signed a 10-day contract with Houston. Knight, who graduated after the 2002-03 season, had been playing with the Asheville Altitude of the NBA developmental league, where he was averaging 10.1 points and 5.5 assists per game. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Nice find. Thanks.

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

#3 DavidS, Jan 16, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  4. mtlkf

mtlkf Rookie

5. mtlkf

mtlkf Rookie

soorrry

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

whoa, are they going the Rudy T way and finding players from other leagues to play for us in the likes of Chucky Brown, Chillin Pete?

Is this happening? :p

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

Before I even saw the bio, I knew he had to be related to Brevin Knight of the Charlotte Bobcats (they are brothers).

They look like twins (well ........kinda IMO):

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I thought that too until I looked at their pictures. I think someone's mama was doing the milkman.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Really??

I think they look alot of like, especially in the eyes. :eek:

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

ok...lets all let the kid show us what he has before we all start bashing him...ok?

afterall....alot of you started bashing Wesley and BArry before you ever saw what they could do...and I doubt anyone would argue that the team has become better and played with more heart and intensity since we got them.(at least not anyone that was being objective)

Here's to hoping we found another young player that is willing to play his ass off to prove he belongs....Rudy had some measure of success with these minor league signings before...It could happen again.

11. Driven

Driven Member

I like Brandin Knight. He's not going to become an Andre Barrett or anything, but he's better than Mike Wilks.

Big East Point Guards are good.

12. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

Let's hope this guy can play like Brevin Knight. Speaking of whom, can someone tell me how he ended up playing in Charlotte for the league minimum? At the end of last season, I thought either Knight or Damon Jones would be a good pickup at point guard. Both were free agents for the Bucks and both ended up leaving the Bucks, but somehow CD never thought about it....

13. Man

Man Contributing Member

I just watched two guys talk about him on NBA Tv they're happy for him. They said that he was #2 in steals in NBDL per game..he is like Tinsley. Tinsley was a scorer and has become a better point guard but Knight is a point guard and is becoming a better scorer and he can become a pretty good player.

He's young :) I guess sorta like Barrett. Good luck to him. 10 days so whatever lol

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who bashed him? :confused:

I saw Brandin Knight in the NCAAs, and he's an interesting player. The one thing that will never be a fault of his is lack of intensity; he plays hard.

ESPN Profile

Pitt Profile

His junior year, he was a part of 47.9% of his team's FGs either by FG or assist- this led the nation.

I think a very telling stat on him is at 6 foot nothing, probably shorter, he got around half a block a game. He's active on defense, and is an outstanding passer. I just don't expect him to be knocking down too many jumpers. I also find it odd we went with another small guard, since we already have a pretty similar player in Barrett, and Wesley is an undersized 2 as well.

It's interesting we went with Knight over Strickland. TMac played with Strickland last year- I wonder if he had an opinion on it.

15. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i agree... players that want to "eat soup with forks".

16. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah Irvin Thomas Lakers scout says he's fast and a floor leader but needs to improve shooting and decision making. He's a solid player point guard..he's Brevin Knight's brother. :)

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Isn't there some kid in the CBA averaging 19ppg and 12apg? I know someone posted something about this guy.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

No not T-Mac, I'm sure it was JVG. JVG wanted youth and didn't want the team to get any older. He was on radio and seemed apathetic about signing Strickland, guess Strickland didn't have it at the workout otherwise I think they would have signed him.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kenny Smith is an idiot. Though I love Kenny Smith.

If you have a bowl of soup, without a spoon, and have a fork, you slurp it from the bowl, Kenny.

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

He did make Barkley look like an idiot by trying to do it on TV, funny stuff. :)