1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

71 pages or Ricky Rubio talk. Seriously.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

A lot of pages for a guy who will never play for Houston.

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

keep smoking that pipe!

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Damnit... come to Houston, Rubio!

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

Bring in a career 30% shooter from 3?
    To a team that lives/dies by the 3?
    And add to our bricklayers Union?

Pass

6. valorita

valorita Member

Morey has had a crush on Ricky for years.
    We know Thibbs values defense and veteran leadership.
    I feel like a three way where we give Bulls Brewer and a couple assets for Taj Gibson and send him to Bulls for Rubio would work.

7. basketballholic

Dragic 30 years old and his 3 point shooting has declined last 3 seasons. Do you realize 26-year-old Rubio was a better 3-point shooter last year then Dragon? Like 2 ships passing in the night. Just say'n. :cool:

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Last 2 seasons. Three seasons ago he shot 41%. Rubio has never once shot over Dragic's career average. And if you count Dragic's 14 playoff games, he actually did shoot higher last season than Rubio. Too bad Rubio failed to make the playoffs again. Nice try though. :cool:

9. basketballholic

Ships passing in the night. One going up. The other going down. Keep posting. Help keep this thread alive until the press conference.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Is something about to go down? Is it about that time?

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Is that sexual

12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Squad, is this guys an insider?

13. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

I don't know the legitimacy of basketballholic-- he has certainly said some wild things in the past. But my friend (the Rockets basketball employee that I was talking with during early stages of FA-- who was wrong, in a way) told me that Rubio is still a very likely move. This was three days ago. Trade would still involve Brewer/Ariza as the HOU centerpiece.

I know he isn't the trigger-puller, but he is typically very reliable with a lot of news (he has called the Asik trade, the signing of DH12, and the signing of Beasley) before it happens. He claims that Rubio is still target #1 for the Rockets via trade. Pekovic is still in play, too.

IMO, given the moves for the Rockets and Wolves, this all still makes a ton of sense. I will ask him for a timetable and will report of there is any substance to it.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's like 2 for 30 on his sauces shooting percentage...but he does know someone through who knows what.

He called Lawsons contract which is near impssible to guess, plus one or two other things that I can't remember.

He doesn't clarify what is coming from a source or not most of the time, like 99% of what he says is opinionated, and he throws in what turns out to be sauces in a few of his post. He treats all of his post of opinions like facts/sauces so you can't tell.

All I know, if you wan't the real deal you have to pay him a subscription fee.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sorry, I'm just correcting an error you had regarding an ex-Rockets stats.

But while I'm at it: Only Brewer fans and Rubio fans call going from 27% to 32% an "up year." grasping for anything resembling improvement after all these bad years.

16. Mr Chuck Norris

we better get back shabazz

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If throwing **** at the wall until something sticks counts as an insider, then yes.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The thing abouy Rubio that scares me is his health. I don't want to be the the new Pelocans.

I mean if we traded for Ariza, Brewer for Rubio and Pekovic like jross is saying is being discussed

We would have

Gordon
    Anderson
    Nene
    Dmo
    Beverley
    + Rubio and Pekovic

Who are all injury prone. Same goes with trading for Bledsoe. Damn are we taking a risk health wise as is, adding more injury prone players is asking for it, if anything we should be looking to unload the injury prone for healthy players, not vice versa.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I keep coming back to this thread on the off chance there'll be actual news. But this thread is basically just a random trade thread about Rubio.

20. basketballholic

Everything has gone dark with Ricky. Very strange considering the fact we know he is for sale. It's never been this way in the past when talks were happening. Makes me think there is already a deal in place. Hopefully with us. Good luck Mr. B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.