1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I am an outstanding finisher at the basket with a high 2pt FG%. My best season was .492 and my career average is .466. When I was with MDA my 2pt % was .477, just slightly better than my career average but worse than my best season. Please do not mention me in the same sentence with a player that averages .384 on 2pt%. Thanks for playing.

Signed,
    Jeremy Lin.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Lol at the double homeristic standards.
    Ricky Rubio is an albatross but Brewer who is 30 and cant do anything well in a bball court isnt and we will be able to dump him easilly

3. crash5179

Who said Brewer's contract isn't an albatross? I think 7 million in dead money is an albatross. Just to be clear. Having said that, Rubio is twice the albatross because his contract is twice as big as Brewer's. Why in the world do we want to add one really really bad contract on a team that already has one really bad contract.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Except Rubio actually has basketball skills. More than twice the skills as Brewer.

Also where were u the last few days when garret temple got 8 per and bayless?
    In comparison Rubio is bellow market value.

5. crash5179

.380% career 2pt%
    .366% career FG%

I don't care what other players get.

I don't care what your peripheral skills are if they don't make your team better. If you remove a 40% 3pt shooter and replace him with a player who can't hit water if he fell out of a boat you create an additional defender to double James when he has the ball and an additional defender to roam the passing lanes when Rubio has the ball.

Don't get me wrong, if the Rockets actually did trade for him I would cheer for him and hope I'm wrong about him. The problem is that I know I'm right.

By the way malakas,
    Please don't take this as an attack on you. Its just my opinion and nothing more. Sometimes my posting comes off as aggressive unintentionally.

#1405 crash5179, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  6. malakas

malakas Member

You judge who makes his team better by individual shooting stats? Especially when it comes to the main playmaker and ballhandler?
    Too bad rubio actually makes his team better by passing and elite defence. Where are the stats for that?

Its one thing to say u dont want him and another to say hes an albatross contract that the wolves should take on brew and give a first rounder to get rid of.

I dont want him either. But his contract provided that he has good health is bellow market value.

7. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Are you referring To the 40% shooter who shot like 15% in the playoffs???? I'm almost positive that was a net loss for us... And with him shooting poor and not being at to facilitate offense for others, that was a failure..... By the way I'd rather have harden doubled than tripled like he was last year.....

And it would be very hard for rubios man to double harden if he's guarding Rubio.

8. crash5179

40% over 82 games vs 15% over 5 games. Hmmmm. Which do you think is the more honest sample size?

Why would you guard a player that is not a reasonable threat to score?

Defenses double off of players all the time in order to provide additional defensive help to the other teams primary scorer. You hope that the person left alone can make the opposing team pay for not guarding him. Pat did make them pay, 40% of the time he took a three point shot he made them pay. Rubio would have clanked the ball off of the rim.

Why does anyone think would would enjoy watching Rubio clank 3 balls off of the rim any more then we enjoyed watching Brewer clank 3 balls off of the rim?

9. 713Genius

713Genius Member

Stay away. No more bad shooters

10. Chamillionaire

Rubio is a terrible shooter but he's better than Beverly as a PG. He's an elite passer and an elite defender. I wasn't for trading for Rubio, but I'd rather see him at PG than Bev and GPII especially with the addition of the 2 former Pelicans. We actually have shooters on the wings that can make shots. Hate to give up Ariza, hopefully a combination of Bev, Brewer, Dekker, KJ gets the job done hopefully without having to take on Pek's contact as well.

Can't believe we didn't upgrade the 1 yet.

11. crash5179

How do you upgrade the PG spot when James runs the point? The Rockets have their "Guard" rotation. Look for James to control the ball when ever he is on the court. Who knows when its Bev and Gordon since both players have run the point quite a bit in their careers.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Neither player is an albatross.

Brewer's contract is 2 years at 7.5 million a year. That isn't hard to move at all.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What are Gordon's numbers on spot ups?

14. Mr Chuck Norris

second in the league behind stephanie

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Are you assuming every time Rubio has the ball he would shoot it?

16. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Set goals that scare you and excite you at the same time&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RoadToRio?src=hash">#RoadToRio</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SomosEquipo?src=hash">#SomosEquipo</a> <a href="https://t.co/2bXuJI7Cmb">https://t.co/2bXuJI7Cmb</a></p>&mdash; Ricky Rubio (@rickyrubio9) <a href="https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9/status/752120112191275008">July 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SHOOT 40%!!!!

19. basketballholic

Where is Keith Jones' plane right now?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ricky Rubio left game vs Angola after taking a hit to thigh. Described as a charley horse. Nothing serious. Held out as a precaution.</p>&mdash; Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/752996936580341760">July 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Please only bump in the future when there is Rockets-related Rubio rumors. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.