1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I would do it, but they would have to take back Brewer, plus Rubio could convince Sergio to come over.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOLOLOLOL... As I wondered yesterday.... I think its confirmed.... Hoopscritic is Jopat.

Keep on throwing s@#$ against the wall. Something will stick eventually.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea and you're going to need to match salaries which means moving Ariza and Bev along with Brewer.

Then you're going to need to find a comfortable recliner on the bench for Pek because he's figuratively done.

4. basketballholic

I'd do this in the summer when we can take them into our cap space. Especially if they take back Brewer. This trade could be agreed upon now and executed in the summer.

Pek can be waived and stretched. Or we can hold on to his contract and see if the new CBA agreement will allow us to amnesty him next summer.

Rubio would be absolutely electric in MDA's fast break offense and also in Bzdelik's defensive scheme.

Rubio should also allow us to move out Bev and Ariza for a nice draft pick or two and we wouldn't miss them once we got more athletes/shooters in here.

I can only hope this rumor is true and we MDA wants him.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I have confirmed multiple times with multiple sources that the Rockets would only ever want Rubio as a backup player. Since he's too expensive for that, it ain't happening. Ever. Move on.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Look, jopat, I don't know if Snow Villiers is your third or fourth account, or if he's simply an acolyte, but there is no rumor. Why not let this drop?

1 person likes this.
  7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO. Well said Rox.

8. Ranny

Ranny Member

Man, why does this thread keep showing up???

9. Sanity2disChaos

I was honestly only speaking of his passing ability and his transition offense. I know he cant shoot and finishing is a problem hence the LITE in Nash LITE...

But I agree he is not in the same VIP section of the club Nash is in;)

10. steddinotayto

Clear up my confusion because it sounds as if you want us to trade for Rubio and hope beyond hope that another CBA agreement can allow us to amnesty Peck?

Brewer only has one year left after next year. Peck's deal runs beyond that. At least Brewer is a warm body we can throw out there to use his 6 fouls. Peck? Not so much.

11. basketballholic

I'd trade for Rubio and Pek with no amnesty. But a future amnesty could be an option if we don't need the cap space this summer.

Let's look at the numbers.

If we trade for this package and dump Brewer in the process, then if we waive Pek this summer, he could be stretched for a cap hit of $4.74 million over 5 seasons. So if we dump Brewer in the process, we are essentially taking Rubio into cap space.

Rubio ($13.4 million) + Pek stretched ($4.74 million) - Brewer ($7.6 million) = $10.54 added to cap.

In my humble opinion that's good cap value for next season. Of course I firmly believe Rubio is the exact kind of distributor/ball handler/defender that we need next to Harden to move Harden off the ball into more of a scoring role and a secondary distributor role while most of you think Rubio sucks because he's not a scorer. So I don't expect many of you to agree with me or to change your mind. Most of you would rather pay Conley $20 million because he can shoot and continue on with a high turnover primary distributor in Harden.

See my signature and note that no player has ever won an NBA championship in over 60 years of recorded data while averaging over 4 turnovers a game in the post season.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Jesus Christ.... to pay Pekovic not to play for five years....for the prize of one of the worst PGs in the league.

Incredibly incredibly stupid.

13. basketballholic

I think stupid is defying 60 years of data and believing we can win a championship with a primary playmaker that turns the ball over more than 4 times a game.

14. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Who keeps bumping this horrible thread about a terrible player?

1 person likes this.
  15. larsv8

I see you are still clinging to this silly narrative.

Ricky Rubio is more turnover prone than James Harden.

This is a fact.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To be fair on Pekovic's contract, it looks like it is only for 2 more years, and he's been injured basically for 2 years... though he wasn't great before that, he was at least serviceable. He'll be getting paid way less than a guy like Biyombo next year.

But he ain't good, and Rubio ain't good... so please let this thread die.

17. basketballholic

That's false. You don't understand the game if you really believe that.

18. larsv8

Stop being dense.

Harden

29 points, 7.5 assists, 4.6 turnovers per game....on 36.6 possessions

Rubio

10.1 points, 8.7 assists, 2.5 turnovers per game....on 20.75 possessions.

James Harden gives you 19 additional points, and 1 less assist than Rubio at the cost of 2 additional turnovers. This isn't ****ing rocket science.

#898 larsv8, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rubio is overrated as ****

20. steddinotayto

What I really want to know is why Rubio's TOV% (turnovers per 100 possessions) is egregiously higher than Harden's TOV% when Harden's usage rating/percentage is significantly higher than Rubio's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.