1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should try to trade Yao now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GlenRice, Jul 23, 2010.

1. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

It hurts me to say this because I am a big Yao Ming fan but the reality is Yao Ming's body is breaking down and his on the decline. Yao's stock is on the downfall and the Rockets should try to trade him right now before it goes even lower. Now I could be wrong and Yao ends up having a great injury free year but what if he doesn't? The Rockets should learn from their past mistakes by not trading Mcgrady, in 2007 Rockets could've made a run for Kobe by offering Mcgrady but they kept Mcgrady. After that Mcgrady stocks plummet and thank god for the Knicks because any other team would only the take mcgrady if they exchange someone with big contract like Elton Brand.

Ok just an idea, I got my flame suit on.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think DeVry is making you say nonsensical things. Trade Yao? What, what...

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Was there ever proof that we could really trade McGrady for Kobe or was that just an unsubstantiated rumor?

As far as trading Yao, we should demand at least 4 used hair gel in return.

1 person likes this.
  4. devilsdandruff

Les Alexandra just called me and say "No"

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

ME HAS BRILLIANT IDEA!
    ALWAY TRADES PLAYER WHEN HE'S VALUES IS LOW FOR FEAR THAT IT WILL GO LOWER!!!!!!!!

ROCKETS CAN GET LOTS GOOD PLAYER WIT YAO! MUCH BETTER THAN THOSE IN ROTATION!

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I can't lie. I have thought about this more than a few times. It's probably best to keep him one more year before deciding on that. :confused:

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Yao is a free agent. If he has a another injury season his is good as gone and Rockets get nothing in return.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

yeah and lets get 8th pick for battier while were at it :rolleyes:

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm right there with ya, Glenn. Been saying that for quite a while. I get flamed for it too...and I really hope I'm wrong, because I'm virtually certain they will never trade him.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

His stock is rock bottom to any team outside of Houston. What are we gonna get for him? John Amaechi and a 2nd round pick?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You can't trade him, no one will give you anything for him, we are stuck in the "HOPE" zone.

DD

13. BrooksBall

Just to entertain the idea, what do you think is the best we could get for Yao if we were to trade him right now?

.50 cents on the dollar?

14. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

If you can trade Yao for some good value, than yes. But if teams are offering garbage, than the answer is no.

15. choujie

choujie Member

Yao is still worth a lot even with current status. He is still the most wanted Rocket in terms of trade value.

However, this is Yao's low point in his career. Sell low will never by Morey's strategy.

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Yes, Trade Yao to New York for Curry

17. choujie

choujie Member

Didn't Morey said in his Article Yao still generates more interest from other teams more than any other Rocket players?

His trade value is low for his standard, but still very high if you put him on the market. Many teams will gamble on it, and obviously Rockets is one of them.

18. sew

sew Member

awesome idea, lets trade Yao when his stock is at an all time low.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It is too late to trade Yao, we get nothing of value in return at this point. Better to try it out for one last year and see if he can stay healthy.

20. BrooksBall

Yea, good point.

I was just throwing it out there.