1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should Trade For Jaylen Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

The possibility of Harden getting traded is inevitable. Of course we want Harden to stay but he is just tired of the organization and does'nt want to be here anymore. I will always appreciate everything he's done for the Rockets and because of that I got to give him a pass for his recent diva like attitude. With that said ,If im Stone im looking for a young star player and draft picks(of course). After currently evaluating all current target options :simmons,brown,and herro ,along with the projected fillers and picks .I believe a deal for Brown,Smart a 1st and a 1st swap is a good starting point.

Why Jaylen Brown?,first let me give you a story ,Ima Cowboys fan and during the 2020 Nfl draft everyone was projecting the Cowboys to draft a defensive player including most fans. When it was their turn to pick they did something shocking. Instead of going with a defensive prospect they went with Ceede Lamb .He was the highest ranking Wr in many boards but for some odd reason he dropped to them .The reasoning for drafting Lamb was simple. He was too good to pass up. Right now he's one of the best offensive rookies in the Nfl .
    Similarly, my reasoning for wanting a package revolving Brown is simple, He's too good to pass up! With that said after an impressive start to the season, Jaylon Brown is currently averaging 26 points,5 reb and 3 assists,shooting 43% from 3 ,and shooting 60% from 2. . At only 24 years old he already a star player and has super start potential ,yes he got potential to even pass up Tatum .He is also a 2 way player that can defend the 1 ,2 and the 3 position also. He is 15th in PER, and is currently signed on a good deal.4 yr /115 mill.

Why not a deal for Simmons or Herro?
    Simmons got all the talent in the world and is a star player but his lack of shooting efficiency and non existent 3 point shot, will be a dark cloud above him .Also take a look at what this scout said about Simmons.

https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/76-ers/nba-scout-jaylen-brown-over-ben-simmons

Why not Herro? Herro is young(20) and probabaly be a star one day ,duncan is one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba ,precious got a higher ceiling than Montrez Harrell .The timing is just not right .Could they be really good in the future? absolutely, but as of right now we havent seen enough from them to warrant a trade of a high Caliber player like James Harden.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Great idea.

Nobody mentioned this anywhere else yet

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Deckard, Kevooooo, Ramo$e and 6 others like this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This would be Clutch dancing if everyone around here just played along

Jontro likes this.
  7. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Most likely won’t happen. Boston would be foolish to break up the Tatum/Brown duo. They’re already contenders in the East, and only an elite frontcourt piece away from being favorites.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pin thread, enshrine OP.

Kim and D-rock like this.
  9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Sold me! Let’s get this done

Highlyrated, D-rock and Jontro like this.
  10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Now this is a unique perspective...

11. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

No way that's his email, lmaooooo the name is funny.

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  12. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I quit reading at "I'm a Cowboys fan".

calurker, cbass, RocketRed84 and 9 others like this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Problem is that the celtics are not going to trade there future for a iso me only to win player, who about to be soon come down from his Prime. He also comes with alot of baggage in fitting many teams "culture".

This mean is his life away from basketball is not very professional ands thats why he is hated around the league. If you read what twitter says you would see how most people view harden. Its not very pleasant. Harden is going to be 32 in August, and thou very talented scorer, he needs to go somewhere he can win compete for a championship.

They kinda compared Ray Allen to Harden, where as he needed to go somewhere and team up(Celtics with Pierce, and Garnett), as the teams he was leading before he couldnt get over the hump to win a championship. Ray allen was talented 3pt shooter and scorer.

#13 Le$$, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Don't think he is available at this point.

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

It's going to be painful, but we've got to wait till we're closer to the deadline and teams are truly desperate. I think you need a larger sample, which means a timeline that's closer to mid-February before you start taking trades more seriously.

Highlyrated likes this.
  17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm on it...

Highlyrated likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Sterling Brown for Jaylen Brown?

On a serious note: we probably won't get equal value back for Harden. Compare to Siakim and Simmons, I'd take Brown.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

tl;dr

napalm06 likes this.
  20. gogispade

gogispade Member

Harden for Brown & 10 FRP

pippendagimp likes this.