1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Should Target Yi Jianlian

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigkstrong, Jul 3, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chinese people should root against Yi, he represents what is wrong.
    like when the Russians started rooting for the American..Rocky Balboa over their own Ivan Draco!

[​IMG]
    Risin' up, back on the street
    Did my time, took my chances
    Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
    Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
    You change your passion for glory
    Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
    You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
    Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
    And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
    And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
    Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
    They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
    For we kill with the skill to survive

2. yandong8

yandong8 Member

trade yao ming for Yi Jianli?

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

You could use the same argument against every single draftee. Wang ZhiZhi would school Greg Oden right now. There's no doubt about that at all. Wang is almost 30 years old. Oden is 19. Yi is 19 (22?). It's not a fair comparison.

4. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

It's called being facetious, no I don't want Wang...No I don't want Team China. All I want is an upgrade at power forward. As far as I am concerned, seeing what we have now at PF, we can use an upgrade at the position. Yi has raw talent and a huge upside and at 19 he is better than anyone (PF) on the roster and even the Darko that some covet. If we could offer some assets such as future draft picks, Sura contract, Billy contract or whatever, it would be far better than overpaying for PF's like Wilcox (Battier is too much to give up for him), Varejeo, and Milicic. These players would require more than the mid-level exception. If possible save the cap room for next year's free agent class, where you can get more for your money.

If Yi is not a viable option, you tell me who are the Rockets going to get with the current resources that they have?

#84 bigkstrong, Jul 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  5. Aemon

Aemon Contributing Member

Can't argue with that!

6. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

We do have the potential of getting Darko. That would be sweet. A twin towers combo. Darko will also not get the 10 mil he wants. Forget it...he's a free agent now and he thinks he's worth all of that. But I doubt any NBA team is willing to fork over that much money for him. Which means...he'll fall into the range we can afford.

7. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Mcgrady and Francis did the same thing!