1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Should Target Yi Jianlian

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigkstrong, Jul 3, 2007.

1. DaDream

DaDream Member

I make fun on no one! :D

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I wish people would read before running to try and and
    make a point! If you had read my earlier post prior to the
    one you so hastedly tried to correct I mentioned that Tmac
    had Started the previous Five Allstar Games!!!
    ! I
    never refered to how many Allstar games he's has participated in.........

2002 NBA Starters

Eastern Conference........................Western Conference

F-Vince Carter...............................F-Kevin Garnett
    F-Antoine Walker...........................F-Tim Duncan
    C-Dikembe Mutumbo.....................C-Shaquille O'neal
    G-Michael Jordan...........................G-Kobe Bryant
    G-Allen Iverson.............................G-Steve Francis

3. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

You responded specifically to B.I.G's quote where he said:

Then you attempted to correct him by saying T-Mac has only been in the All-Star game for 5 years in a row without ANY qualifiers that you meant he has only started for 5 years in a row, and I quote:

This is ALL you said when you responded.

So yes, you did refer specifically to how many All-Star games T-Mac has played. It was your own lack of clarity that caused the subsequent confusion.

My advice: Be more specific next time.

#63 dafatha00, Jul 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. BamBam

Thanks for the advice......my advice to you would be to read the entire thread so that you don't miss any important facts....
    such as my prior two posts before adressing B.I.G., both mentioning that I was refering to starters.....to clarify any
    misunderstanding I was refering and I am still refering to starters........

5. dafatha00

I actually read them. The fact still stands that you attempted to correct B.I.G. when all he said was T-Mac played in 7 all-star games by claiming T-Mac only played in 5. If you had simply responded to B.I.G. "Yes, T-Mac played in 7 games but he only STARTED in 5", then that would have been much more clear. Even more importantly, it's perfectly possible that you really only thought T-Mac only played in 5 games since you never once acknowledged that he played in 7. Simply stating "T-Mac only played in 5" compounds the possibility that you didn't know he was in 7. That's where the confusion begins.

#65 dafatha00, Jul 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  6. BamBam

Are you still confused? Because it seems that you are trying to read my thoughts..The fact still stands that B.I.G. was trying to correct me....my first two posts refer to starters....it states starters...I continued talking about starters....I'm still talking about starters.....every one of my posts in this thread with the exception of one says starters....are you still confused.........

7. dafatha00

Sigh. Me thinks you are the one who is still confused as you just don't understand what I'm trying to say to you.

I read your posts before I replied. However, you never corrected the possibility that you might have thought T-Mac only played in 5 all-star games. When B.I.G said T-Mac played in 7 games, you said he only played in 5. There were two possibilities here when you attempted to correct him.

1) You knew T-Mac played in 7 all star games, but you meant he only started in 5.

2) You thought T-Mac really only played in 5 all star games, and you also meant he only started in 5.

Do you see now? Simply saying:
    doesn't clarify what you actually knew. It's entirely possible that you had the misconception that T-Mac only played in 5 the entire time.

8. thesaint

thesaint Member

Rockets are looking for a vetran PF that can grab rebounds n defend. I dont think they are going to experiment with rookies anymore as we already have 3 rookies n Novak in his 2nd yr. The direction they r goin in rite now seems like they want to win championship now rather than build a team for long run. Yi just wont fit in too well at this stage.

9. BamBam

Peace and Respect......I was talking about starters...when B.I.G. said seven I looked up how many starts Tmac had and I responded with the last five..but he actually has 6 starts if you include the 2001 game. I knew he had five strait because I looked it up...

10. dafatha00

I understand that you're talking about the fact that T-Mac started in 5 games. But my point is that even if you were talking about his starts, it's entirely possible you also only believed T-Mac played in 5 all star games total. Your post correcting B.I.G. leads to that notion. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, in the spirit of community, let's just drop it.

11. BamBam

How is it possible for me to only believe he only played in five games total....
    if I looked up the information in order to respond appropriately.... don't you think
    it would include his total games played and how many he has started .....dropped ;)

12. dafatha00

Heh, how could I have known that you looked up the information? That's an assumption that would be too far reaching. Maybe you were just quoting statistics from your head... :)

13. darkheaven

darkheaven New Member

Before Yi and Sun stepped into NBA,Rockets was actually the Chinese national Team...

14. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

Well, since no one wants Yi, maybe we can go for Wang Zsi Zsi. I heard that he's available. ;)

15. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

Wang zizi is weak.. he can't play D, that's why he went back China..

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Well, Yi received his first taste of NBA Action:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ys-summerleague070607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

3. Rudy Gay, Memphis Grizzlies – Gay was more assertive than he has ever been. He took the ball to the basket aggressively and had two impressive dunks over Yi Jianlian. He also hit a couple of threes and finished with 21 points and six rebounds. He should be a bigger contributor in his second season.

Nice....former Rocket player of 5 minutes dunking over Yao's China Teammate.

17. abundance

abundance Member

From the yahoo link above:

18. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Which NBA team does Coach K coach for? Talent does not equal effectiveness.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

True, but he would start in Houston.

:D

DD

20. aleluya

aleluya New Member

Do you wisht that Rockets become the Basketball of China? What about asking for WangZhizhi, too?
    Yi Jianlian is worse than Wang Zhizhi, and Wang Zhizhi lost his job in NBA after serving for Mavericks、Clippers and Heat。