1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should not go after Dwight!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, May 13, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Again I agree. But on the flip side, Howard numbers can go up as well. At least 20-22 points a game pimpn. He has better hands than Asik, more experienced and finishes better. He also will be double team a lot. IJS

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If a team offer Parson a hefty contract that he cant refuse..Best believe he will run with the money. That is the nature of the business. Money talks.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Asik's points mostly come from defenses sagging right off him, if they did that to Dwight, he'd score 30 ppg.

Which is why no team will give Dwight the room that they gave Asik, instead it means that Harden and Lin (probably even moreso since he doesn't have the same skill to operate in traffic) get a lot more room to operate without the trap coming.

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

One playoff series win isn't relevant, it's mediocrity...Lol...

And Howard is at the top of your list homie... Morey hasn't mouth beated about what he's going to do...

But, I don't think Howard is going to leave L.A. anyway.

And for LMA, I would trade anybody not named Harden....

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I don't know if he would take the money and leave (if he's smart he would) but if that dude averages 20 ppg _ teams are goingb to be foaming at the mouth for him...

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL 50+ wins a season in the Wild Wild West isnt mediocrity pimpn. You had to win 50 just to get into the playoff's in the West.

Not really but you do remember Morey trying unload the entire roster just for Howard last season. And there are still talks about acquiring the big man this off season.

He is not happy in LA, expressed that himself.

No doubt .

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Howard wasn't 100% this season. Having Asik spelling him could help.

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

You can assume that he will but he's an 18 ppg player for his career _ 8 years of which he spent in the east. And the Rockets don't run a slow pace offense, they like to push the ball so I doubt the double team factor will pay as big of dividends as you think...

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We push the pace so much because we have no interior for the half court game.

That's for example why Memphis are so damn slow, because their offensive fire power is all inside.

Unless you're Mike D'antoni, you build your offense around your personnel.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You have to give up something to get something. You do know why we ran a lot of ISO plays right...That's because we didnt really have any plays to run. Next season we wont be seeing a lot of ISO (Hero ball,some might refer too) plays. That is why they are looking for a low post player that can play with their backs to the bucket. Or a stretch 4 that who can play with their backs to the bucket. Someone like Josh Smith.

But hey great point Aleron. Its going to be an interesting off season.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That is the same offense Orlando ran when Howard was there pimpn...Fast pace, pick n roll, a sh@t load of 3's and in the half court set,Howard with his back to the goal drawing the double team. Morey and staff knows this, that is why they want him here..lol

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

That was last year when we where desperate and he spit on us and flipped us the bird and said pluck Houston, pluck Morey, pluck Alexander, and pluck Rockets fans... Hopefully Alexander and Morey have pride and a backbone since apparently many fans in Houston don't :eek:

And when did the regular season mean anything... That makes George Karl the greatest coach of all times if that's the case... Bwahahahaha....!!!

13. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Again, that was in the east... More and better frontcourt competition.

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Asik / Howard

vs

Gasol / Randolf
    Splitter / Duncan
    Jordan / Griffin
    Bogut / Lee
    McGee / Faried
    Perkins / Ibaka

Interesting match-ups...

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't know why you think Howard cant compete or do well against the West power frontcourt players..But look at how both Howard and Asik played against those type big boys from the West this season.

From the looks of it, Howard did pretty darn good. Mind you on a bad shoulder and back..lol IJS..

Interesting match-ups...[/QUOTE]
    Howard Asik
    Gasol / Randolf 35%-8pts-8rbs 54%-9pts-10rbs
    Splitter / Duncan 57%-19pts-16rbs 28%-7pts-9rbs
    Jordan / Griffin 61%-17pts-10rbs 58%-9pts-9rbs
    Bogut / Lee 55%-14pts-9rbs 53%-9pts-14rbs
    McGee / Faried 72%-18pts-13rbs 54%-7pts-13rbs
    Perkins / Ibaka 36%-12pts-14rbs 47%-10pts-10rbs

Head to Head 48%-20pts-14rbs 61%-8pts-10rbs

Playoffs (Spurs) 61%-17pts-10rbs (OKC) 56%-12pts-11rbs

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Howard Asik
    Gasol / Randolf 35%-8pts-8rbs 54%-9pts-10rbs
    Splitter / Duncan 57%-19pts-16rbs 28%-7pts-9rbs
    Jordan / Griffin 61%-17pts-10rbs 58%-9pts-9rbs
    Bogut / Lee 55%-14pts-9rbs 53%-9pts-14rbs
    McGee / Faried 72%-18pts-13rbs 54%-7pts-13rbs
    Perkins / Ibaka 36%-12pts-14rbs 47%-10pts-10rbs

Head to Head 48%-20pts-14rbs 61%-8pts-10rbs

Playoffs (Spurs) 61%-17pts-10rbs (OKC) 56%-12pts-11rbs
    [/QUOTE]

Baller, I learned my math on a triple beam but that looks like a 14-15 ppg average not 20...

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Baller, I learned my math on a triple beam but that looks like a 14-15 ppg average not 20...[/QUOTE]

You are indeed correct pimpn 15ppg to Asik 8 ppg. And where did you get the average 20 ppg from..I hope you are not talking about the 20 points per game against Asik...(Head to Head 48%-20pts-14rbs 61%-8pts-10rbs)

18. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

yea screw dwight, we have smith down low. -_-
    moron

19. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

You are indeed correct pimpn 15ppg to Asik 8 ppg. And where did you get the average 20 ppg from..I hope you are not talking about the 20 points per game against Asik...(Head to Head 48%-20pts-14rbs 61%-8pts-10rbs)[/QUOTE]

Ok, I thought you averaged up his totals.

You keep comparing Howard in Asik... No need to, Howard is better _ we know this... But you're graph in my opinion shows he's not $22 million a year better. 15 points a game... Like I said this isn't the east...

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Ok, I thought you averaged up his totals.

You keep comparing Howard in Asik... No need to, Howard is better _ we know this... But you're graph in my opinion shows he's not $22 million a year better. 15 points a game... Like I said this isn't the east...[/QUOTE]

Injuries my friend along with Kobe taking 65% of the teams shots. All that needs to be factored in that equation. Some of those games he took less than 10 shot bruh..