1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should not go after Dwight!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, May 13, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Do you know Howard personally Ricky? If you dont know him personally, then you really cant say he is mature or inmature. You dont ever hear about any off the court issues.

Now as far as his game, 18.3-12.9 2.4blocks a game can always help your team. IMO the way we play, fits his style of play. Orlando ran pretty much the same exist plays. You do know he demands a double team correct, leaving our sharp shooters wide open for the 3 we love to shot.

On the defensive side, he will be the anchor. He was 5th in blocks shots this past season right.

Oh and one more thing,,Howard is only 28.

Now the joker cant shoot free throws to save his life..That is the only part in his game I dont like...

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

First off IF the Rockets sign Howard, it's a forgone conclusion that Asik and definitely Lin will be eventually moved and possibly Parsons as well.

And nothing wrong with strip clubs and baby mamas, but you have to wonder about guys who act like cry babies on the court and have no heart...

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

First off IF the Rockets sign Howard, it's a forgone conclusion that Asik and definitely Lin will be eventually moved and possibly Parsons as well.

Could you explain your thinking on this? I looked at the numbers and it looks like we can create the cap space to sign Howard without losing our core.

And nothing wrong with strip clubs and baby mamas, but you have to wonder about guys who act like cry babies on the court and have no heart...

Agreed.

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Rockets where ranked 16th in defensive efficiency and the Lakers where ranked 19th. You're sleeping on Asik. Howard will make us better defensively but not to the point that's it's worth $22 million a season. And he can't play away from the basket and can pretty much only play right at the basket. That's why Gasol and Bynum handled him EASILY during the finals and it won't be easy for him in the west.

Oh and by the way. In three games against OKC he had ONE block shot. That's a jump shooting team. So his defense wouldn't be much more of a factor than Asik's and going forward that's the team we will more than likely have to go through in the west and they have the big boys to fight with him in the paint on the offensive end...

And know homie, I don't know him personally but I know a cry baby when I see one..

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Yea, this year...

You can't keep Asik on the bench. He worked too hard for us to slap him in the face like that and plus A LOT of teams would love to have him he would be more valuable in a trade. He and Lin will be free agents the year after next and both will be too expensive to resign (if Lin picks his game up, a team out there will give him a bigger contract than his last).

Parsons can opt out of his contract after this coming season (so I was told) but I think he may be here for the long ride... But Asik, Parsons, Lin, and a couple of our young 4s could be enough to shake LMA from Portland or Love from Minnesota...

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thanks for explaining that.

I was thinking Morey was was going to make the twin towers with Howard playing some PF with Asik as C. They could rotate them.

I believe rockets have got a team option on Parsons for the next two seasons.

About resigning Asik and Lin. Les said he's willing to go into the Luxury tax in the right circumstances - a contending team.

Moreover, Morey said he would like some continuity now after the team shake-up over the last couple of seasons.

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

If Asik isn't traded immediately they may play them together at times but that's not a championship frontcourt. Neither one of those guys can play away from the basket. Need at least one big man who can play inside and out. Memphis has two...

I just think if you're going to bring in Howard, don't beat around the bush _ go for it...

8. harden man

harden man Member

I would prefer they went after quality 4 and built the bench....be better off the bench than anyone else in the NBA...then you have something

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The Lakers were ranked 19th because they are old bruh. And I didnt say anything about Asik so how am I sleeping on him..I will say 18-12 is better than 10-10 any freaking day of the week.

I can sit up here and tell you who handled the Dream pretty easily as well. (S. Kemp). Madd Max use to give Jordan fits pimpn. So whats your point and bringing up Bynum and Gasol.

If we were to get Howard and trade Asik, that's an upgrade on both ends of the court...
    That is why Morey is trying his best to get the cry baby here..lol

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We have our core players finally. Just need another Superstar.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

You watched the games and you know Asik was the ONLY consistent defender on the team... They didn't play defense. So don't sit here and work your thumbs like Harden and Lin played great defense pimp'n because we both know they didn't...Lol.. They are gamblers for steals and dudes fly by them like birds. They makes it hard on Asik (and that would keep Howard in foul trouble). Give Asik his credit. He held us down on the defensive end like Harden did on the offensive end... They just need to work on their rotations and extend their defense out to the 3 point line.

If you think Asik is the reason the Rockets defense is bad and just replacing him with Howard would make this a top defensive team _ You're trip'n...

And I brought up the finals because he sux'd. He's a super star center and young Bynum and Gasol shut him down big time and that was because he can't play away from the basket... 11 and 12 point games. This isn't the east...

But we'll see if Tracy _ I mean Howard comes here if he leaves L.A.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You watched the games and you know Asik was the ONLY consistent defender on the team... They didn't play defense. So don't sit here and work your thumbs like Harden and Lin played great defense pimp'n because we both know they didn't...Lol.. They are gamblers for steals and dudes fly by them like birds. They makes it hard on Asik (and that would keep Howard in foul trouble). Give Asik his credit. He held us down on the defensive end like Harden did on the offensive end... They just need to work on their rotations and extend their defense out to the 3 point line.

If you think Asik is the reason the Rockets defense is bad and just replacing him with Howard would make this a top defensive team _ You're trip'n...

And I brought up the finals because he sux'd. He's a super star center and young Bynum and Gasol shut him down big time and that was because he can't play away from the basket... 11 and 12 point games. This isn't the east...

But we'll see if Tracy _ I mean Howard comes here if he leaves L.A.[/QUOTE]

*I agree with you..But you cant tell me that Howard isnt an upgrade on both ends of the court. Asik doesnt demands a double team. Howard will provide many more option on the offensive side than Asik.

Now tell me who shut Asik down this season? I will wait ..lol

I see we are a Tracy McGrady hater as well huh..bwhahahahah

13. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

You know why stop at 18-12 why not claiming him to have had a 20-14 season while you're at it? And Asik surely didnt crack the 10-10 mark..he probably had like 7-8 this season right? /sarcasm out

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man you tripping off one dam point...bwhahahahahhaahha
    And Asik one rebound.....Too Funny

Ok Howard 17.1- 12.4 and 2.45 blocks 1.4 assist and 1.11 steals PER 19.5
    Asik 10.1- 11.7 and 1.06 blocks, 0.96 assist and 0.56 steals PER 14.9

Hilarious are you HAPPY NOW, " In my Martin Lawrence voice". Too Funny

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's non guaranteed, team's choice, not his. What the team may do, is let him out of the last year to string out his next deal over an extra year (Morey did say he asked for this earlier this year), especially if we pick up Dwight and someone else and hit the cap anyway as it would get him money earlier, and save on the luxury tax.

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

No question Howard is an upgrade but center position isn't where we're weak at. But like I said let's see if he leaves L.A. first. And I think he's not...

I'm not a Tracy hater _ but I'm not going to kiss his @$$ like he won us a chip. He was damaged goods when we got him just like Howard...

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

But if he does that other teams can make offers as well right...??? Isn't whatb Cleveland did with Boozer and he jumped ship on them...???

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Them damaged goods kepts us relevent for 5 years bruh. And we only won 2 Chips ever ever ever ever anyways. I hope you dont think it was his fault that we didnt.

Yes we need a major upgrade at the 4 position..Hey we never know, Morey might be working on bringing in Milsap or Smith to pair up with Howard. He might be working out a deal with Portland to bring in LaMarcus.

We will indeed find out whats cooking in the pot this off season. Just know Howard is at the top of the list pimpn.

19. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Yea but you can pretty much guarantee Asik #'s will go up. At least 13-15 points a game if he catches half his passes and the guards stop throwing balls at his feet and if McHale pounds in his head to go up for dunks every time instead of up and under layups like he's a freaking guard. But you can't say the same about Howard because those are around his career #'s...

But compare Asik's numbers to Roy Hibbert. And Roy just signed a $54 million deal and this is just Asik first time as a starter...

That's why I'm not spinning my wheels for Howard. A team can compete for a championship with Asik.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he could, but he doesn't strike me as the boozer type (you know, bit of a lying scumbag?), especially after having asked for that specific thing. (ie we waive the team option in year 4)