1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should not go after Dwight!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, May 13, 2013.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

1. Dwight has only had one injury plagued season. ONE. And he allegedly played hurt all year. Had the Lakers had a better season, he would be lauded for coming back early and playing hurt through the whole season. Instead, nobody is giving him credit for that.

2. He shot 40% this year. He shot 60% the year prior. Who says if he comes back healthy he can't return to that?

3. Did you really just describe Love and CP3 as healthier options? I think you might need to review their history. And Millsap and Jefferson will not make us contenders.

2. CP30

CP30 Member

Unless our chemistry is hurt. Then it really doesn't.

Maybe by some but the baggage is very real and enough to be a distraction.

He likes to be the story of the city. He complained about Bryant hogging the ball and got upset when Bryant urged him to play with shoulder soreness.

I wouldn't pay an extra $8 to $12 million or more for a storyline that may or may not get us over the hump depending on chemistry.

Not when there has to be other options that could accomplish a similar winning result if not better.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

IMHO still the most compelling argument for not getting DH is the fact Asik is becoming a beast. He's not as a good as Howard, but then again he's not getting paid 2x more. Most people here act like DH is the best center in the L, but he's really not. That title belongs to Marc Gasol, dude has quietly powered the Grizz to the WCF, and unlike DH has never been a distraction nor a libility offensively.

Seriously, let's just our cap to retain the team and add a better PF, someone like Ryan Anderson coupled with a year's improvement from the players will turn us into contenders IMHO.

4. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I'm not sure if you you guys have been following, but WE ARE GOING AFTER DWIGHT HOWARD so this thread is kinda mute. Plus we can keep Asik so your heart wont be broken.

5. youngduck

youngduck Member

wow is this a joke or something? dwight howard is still a top 5 center in the nba and he still is one of the best defensive players in the nba even tho was injuredd.

imagine if he was healthier which he wasn't this season.

6. CP30

CP30 Member

Doesn't mean it doesn't concern some of us.

I'm not really fond of the idea of asking Asik to take a back seat nor am I fond of playing them both together.

That's just me though.

7. CP30

CP30 Member

Well said.

Why fix what's not broken?

I'd much rather get another PF if possible.

8. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

I agree completely !!
    I prefer we get a good/great PF and we'll be fine !

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

*fixed...

If we could keep Asik and get Dwight all is well...

Asik is a pit bull and deserves to be on a winner however he can be worked in.

I think he and DH could co-exist if DH were to come, but I have a feeling he will take the money and the extra year and stay put in LA.

10. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

Well sometimes the grass is really shiny green on the other side..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1arpRTkmI

In the second one not only Pau really is awfull but Dwight completely lacks any motivation to play D in the parts we can see..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q2hlhP0Vso

At this point Dwight to me, is like a 50% chance for a franchise to go after and even if the 50% pans out I'm questioning if he has the killer mentality you need for a ring

11. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

but my heart will still be broken if Asik would not be a starter

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight didn't really make any mistakes, the Lakers problem is they are completely unaccountable on defense, they go under screens they should go over, they don't rotate to Dwight's man when he helps, they never slide under the roll man, they don't funnel the ball carrier in the right direction, basically everything they can do wrong, they do do wrong.

Dwight also doesn't trust any of them to slide under the screener in the pick and roll, so he always feels like he has to hedge both the ball carrier and the roll man (that's something Stan Van Gundy said at the Sloan conference btw), and if you watch those pick and roll breakdowns, it's exactly what Dwight is doing.

13. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Jesus, how many threads are there over the same thing? Need to start locking threads and banning thread-starting privileges for some people around here.

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

That's why I'm saying you're heart won't be broken.
    Think...

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Morey, Harden and Parson thinks they should.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

A lot of fans are judging his character instead of his game. They think he will be a locker room cancer.

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

It's amazing how a good organization, good teammates, a supportive coaching staff, and winning can affect a player's character.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Zach Randolph is a great example to that Fair Dinkum.

19. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Howard is a career 18 point per game player. He's not a dominant force like Shaq was. His numbers are not that great to overlook his maturity issues. Especially when putting him on a team with a bunch of youngsters. That's like giving a meth head a job in a meth lab...

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Especially when putting him on a team with a bunch of youngsters. That's like giving a meth head a job in a meth lab...

Interesting point. How would Howard affect the young rockets team in the worst imaginable way?

Harden - start wearing superman capes. Addicted to strip clubs. Making appearances on late night tv.

Parsons - will have 5 baby mamas by the end of the first year.

Lin - renouncing Christianity. Public feuds with the coach, demanding mchale be fired.

Asik - stops practicing FTs, % drops to 40.