1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should not go after Dwight!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, May 13, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Ummmnnn :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Correct. We agree that Chris Paul is better than Jeremy Lin and we agree that Dwight Howard is better than Omer Asik. I'm arguing that since we can only sign 1, Chris Paul will improve Asik's game more than Howard will improve Lin's game. Yes. Chris Paul will up Asik's scoring average. He is a big target and pick n roll is his game. Awesome finisher. Now I think 18/11 @ $8M is much better than 20/12 @ $20M

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You must be trolling at this point

Asik good finisher? increase of 8 ppg with Paul?

4. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Are you serious? Did you watch any Rockets games this whole season? The Thunder series? He sure as hell ain't a jump shooter. The majority of his points came off pick n rolls finished by two hand dunks.

5. Aleron

Harden has been statistically the highest point per possession pick and roll player in the nba for 2 years, on 2 different teams....

Meanwhile Blake Griffin averaged 18 ppg with Paul, so yeah

6. pnr

pnr Member

I'm sorry, but what? he doesn't command a double team? :rolleyes:

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Does Griffin average 18ppg with Lin as his pg? If not, would it be feasible to say Asik would also benefit from CP3 feeding him?

8. pnr

pnr Member

Griffin is more athletic and a better finisher than Asik, let's be real.

9. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Asik will get that same increase in point production with the backcourt we already have If he just improves to where he can catch half his passes. Does Chris Paul have some some special **** on the ball so it will stick in Asik's hands...???

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Two feet from the basket yes. But in the high post, or on the baseline? Hell No. Not like he's going to spin baseline or shoot a fadeaway. The 2 foot jump hook and the slam dunk are the extent of his offensive repitiore. Midrange game? No. Up and under? No. Put the ball on the floor 10 feet away from the basket? Not. Face up and shoot? Hell no. Just like Shaq and Barkley said. He lacks any go to moves on offense.

Outside the lane, 10-12 feet from the basket you can guard him with Aaron Brooks and he's not going to score. Now of course he can back his man down down to get two feet from the rim and yes, he would likely score 1 on 1 with a smaller defender on him. But Hell Tiago effin Splitter held him under 20ppg with him being the primary focus of the offense. Tiago Splitter.

11. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

This is undisputed. Just as it is undisputed CP3 is a better passer than Lin and will put Asik in a better position to receive a pass than Lin will

12. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

These 2003'ers

13. pnr

pnr Member

Lol, so you think CP3 will make Asik score 18 points per game if he were here? Lol, your posts are troll worthy.

14. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

And Josh Smith would be a bigger impact player on THIS team than both of them...

15. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

You get one star and only one response from me. Repetitive. This point could have been made in other multiple Dwight threads.

16. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Guess I shouldn't believe my lying eyes. Dwight Howard is the complete package on offense. Unguardable one on one. Excellent midrange game and a great passer out of the double team. Money at the line. We have yet to even mention his leadership on and off the court. Worth every penny of $20M

17. Aleron

CP3's pick and roll is better suited to a roll man who catches the ball at the ring (like he did with Tyson Chandler, of course Jeremy Lin is excellent with that sort of roller as well), as his greatest strength as a pg is his ability to keep his dribble going better than anyone in the nba, problem is Asik can't finish that type of pick and roll at all (Blake Griffin has issues because he wants the ball earlier), if we got CP3, we'd need to look at getting someone (maybe at pf) who can.

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Wow... you are completely r****ded and boarderline illiterate. Ill add you to my ignore list now.

Before you disappear, I'd like to emphasize I was responding to your post, in which you stated "Howard hasn't hit his prime yet". To which I said, "Howard is already in his prime and will be for 3-4 years if he stays healthy." How my statement was contradictory baffles me. Bon Voyage!

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Name calling isn't cool. We all wanna see the Rockets win but some of us have different opinions on the best way to do that. Don't take it so personal if someone disagrees with you. Ignore cuz he doesn't see it your way? What are you? A republican?

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Goodbye! :grin::grin::grin: