1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should go after Clark ,Posey and Murray

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Summer Song Giver, Nov 19, 2000.

1. tariq

tariq Member

Tariq Abdul-Wahad seems to be a good fit for the Rockets. He gives us much of what Shandon does - ie Defense and Youth!

Besides...he has a nice name as well [​IMG]

------------------

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

nugzfan, the shandon, cato for lafrentz wahad deal was actually pretty good. I would NOT do it because SA and Cato are two of my favorite players. Cato is much more athletic and a better defender than lafrentz. from the few games i have seenm it looks like cato might be a better offensive player also(how, i have no idea [​IMG]). I havent seen as much as you have probably. anderson is much more proven than wahad. he has a better jump shot and is more athletic. wahad weighed in at 242 at the beginning of the year, i think unless he drops some weight, shandon is by far much better than he is.

BTW, you told us not to praise our players, but you did by saying that there isnt even a comparison between cato and lafrentz

and there's my two cents.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Murray's NBA.COM bio says it was only 50 points. Against the Warriors almost 2 years ago and he took 29 shots!!

Bullard's career high is 18 shots in a single game. Keep Bull...forget Murray.

Oh, yea..the posts topic - keep Shandon, too!

------------------
    GATER

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited November 19, 2000).]

4. Summer Song Giver

I respect SA's game but the simple fact is it's Steve's and Cat's team now and if you don't get along with them then you aren't going to make it on the Rocket's.Shanden is in a contract year on a team where he may not get along with the two stars(depending on how much stock you put in THE ARTICLE,I will say this though where there's smoke there is usually fire)so rather than risk losing him for nothing the Rocket's should explore moving him.I dread seeing this team end up like the Maverick's when they had Kidd,Mash and Jackson because management held on too long trying to patch things up.

Secondly my trade proposal of Clark,Posey,and Murray was best case scenirio but if you'd notice I said a more likely one would involve just Clark and Murray.I agree Rogers doesn't have much trade value but that doesn't mean he sucks either he's just in a bad situation here and I basically threw him in for cap purposes and as an extra player who given pt might help the nugz and almost every NBA trade has one of these guys in it.Shanden and Los for Clark and Murray is about as fair as it gets,I mean look at it this way Denver gets a starting sg and a possible role player out of the deal.Houston gets another defensive presence off the bench and a scorer off the bench a role which would need to be filled with andersons derparture and Cat now starting.If ya'll had took the time to read my post rather than just look at best case scenario you would have seen that I said Denver probably wouldn't go for it if Posey were included.
    Ok,now as for LaFrentz and Abdul-Wahad for SA and Cato I would be extatic if we could get Denver to fall for that one,hell yeah it's a better deal than the one I proposed I just can't believe Nugzfan agreed.

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

5. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

Not that I have any right to shoot down someone for dreamcasting Posey to the Rockets, but that first deal proposed is a horrible one for the Nuggets [​IMG]. I'm still backin' ya on your campaign to get Posey though. He's a great fit, and so is LaFrenz. Problem is there aren't any players outside of Mr. Rogers or Williams I care to see leave this neighborhood. That's why I'm pretty much out of the fantasy CD business. Cato's value to the team is a bit underestimated around here IMO.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Oatdog (edited November 19, 2000).]

6. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

actually wahad has dropped a ton of weight. i just read this like yesterday.

and what exactly did i say about raef vs cato? i dont recall saying anything that implied raef was way better or anything. raef certainly has his probs. its just the two deals overall dont help us very much.

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!