1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets seeking trade this week after waiving House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

A wing that could rebound also would be really nice. We're getting killed on the boards this year.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i really dont want jr smith. the man will be haunted by 4th quarter finals memes the rest of his life...i dont want my rockets apart of that nightmare lol

Ziggy likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Ok, Brandon....you didn't mean it. Chris, you didn't mean it. Now shake hands. Bury the hatchet."

"Oh, I'll bury the hatchet. In his...."

"Chris! What did we say about 'bad teammate'?"

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought of that but
    I think that meeting goes better than

Tristan Thompson and James Harden

Rocket RIver

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Look at the tells. There is a reason for the timing and the information.

1) House was released -- to send a message (to Team-X)
    2) Feigen (and CF) were given information on EXACTLY what the Rockets are looking for in a trade. Wing help, or other small deals.

These items indicate Morey trying to "publicly" create some urgency for Team-X to "pull the trigger" on Morey's trade before Dec 7.

JoeBarelyCares, tc0330 and justtxyank like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ppl didnt want mcgee for the same reason but gsw didnt mind it and he won 2 championship with them

clutchdabear and tc0330 like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That is clearly something that could be on the table here. But to get 2 expirings for BK, an asset on the Rockets side will have to be included.

It could be, 2 contracts with 2 years on them (like BKs) but are just broken up. Or 1 contract that is 2 years and 1 that is one year. Similar to Anderson/Chriss.

Matt78777 and craguin like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I’d rather have McGee

tc0330 likes this.
  9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I always waive my players before a trade. Keep a roster spot open my friends.

[​IMG]

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Unless they compare notes. "She just lays there."

"Right!? Like Kim in that 'leaked video'."

11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

idgaf bro lol

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's crazy buddy. Sorry, come up with another dream.

clutchdabear, topfive and tc0330 like this.
  13. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Daniel House via Hoopshype under Rocket Rumors for what its worth believes he will be back. If believing Daniel that tells me it's possible that more than 1 trade is planned. Take a contract and use it to trade with another player at the Feb deadline.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No trade will happen

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There is a lot of detritus on the Rockets roster that can be moved to create open roster spots. So once all of that business gets taken care of, there likely will be a spot open for House or someone else. Or if Clark gets converted to a regular contract, they could make house a 2-way guy.

16. craguin

craguin Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Knicks have something interesting going on. They want to dump Courtney Lee, who playd his first game of the season. Hezonja has been starting and they benched Dotson (also incidentally a Houston product), who was playing well. Meanwhile there are rumors that Nets and Pistons want Dotson, and the Knicks are not sure they want to pay him next season (which is Knicks-level baffling), and the rumors seem to be hovering around a price tag of 2 2nds or a HEAVILY protected 1st.

I doubt they would compromise any cap space for picks, but at least one of those guys (Lee/Hezonja) might be getting showcased. Dotson has since gone on a tear, I doubt he is available anymore even if they were stupid enough to consider dealing his tiny contract.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm sorry... are you trying to say somehow DM releasing House sends a strong enough message (heck, any message) that it will motivate a team on the fence about something to be like "uh oh!!! They just released House. They must be serious. Have to do this now or lose the opportunity!"

Sorry, that just makes no sense from a leverage perspective to me.

As for point #2... again, this part isn't rocket science. The Rockets need wing help??? Really??? Where's that Nic Cage "Oh reaaaalllllly!" meme.

The Rockets play the Jazz tomorrow. Will they have consummated some kind of trade before then? I predict no. House was released because "meh"... if he was playing better, he wouldn't be released. I'm not sure what others were seeing that I wasn't. He was a warm body. Getting plenty of open threes and hitting at 27%. And not giving you much else. He "tried" on defense!!! Great /eyeroll

Zoplicone likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am saying, Morey/Rockets want to make a deal before December 7th. They are motivated. But Team-X might not be as motivated.

Morey tries to create some "urgency" to Team-X that the Rockets have multiple deals on the table and are making moves to prepare to accommodate the transaction and make it public (below) they are getting ready to make a move.

We have seen Morey many times try to manufacture urgency to push for a deal. I think some of these elements are part of that.

BigMaloe, heypartner and RudyTBag like this.