1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Season Tickets Prices Reduced for Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TRIQSTER, Mar 5, 2009.

1. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6296235.html

Rockets season ticket prices will be frozen or reduced for 98 percent of tickets for the 2009-10 season, Rockets CEO Tad Brown said on Thursday, a day before renewal forms will be mailed to current season ticket holders.

Citing the impact of the recession, Brown said that prices for more than 20 percent of tickets current selling for between $40 and $200 will reduced, with some prices cuts by roughly 20 percent.

The 2 percent of tickets to have price increases are the most expensive tickets in the building currently sold to suite holders or corporate partners and all have a waiting list for availability. The largest increase will be roughly 5 percent.

"Mr. (Leslie) Alexander (the Rockets owner) is really sensitive to our most loyal and passionate fans," Brown said. "This is a response to the economy, for sure. We want to continue to give people an opportunity to root for the Rockets at Toyota Center and be a part of this organization. We’re all going through a tough time right now. Mr. Alexander recognizes that. He wants to make it as easy as possible to enjoy the Rockets experience."

Rockets attendance is up slightly this season to an average of 17,345. Through 31 home games last season, the Rockets’ average attendance was 17,259, roughly 1,000 shy of a sellout. (Toyota Center capacity varies depending on the alignment of suites.) The Rockets sold out a Toyota Center record 25 games last season, with 18 sellouts at this stage of the season. The Rockets have 16 sellouts this season and expect a sellout for tonight’s game against the Phoenix Suns.

"I feel pretty good about attendance," Brown said. "I feel about the activation in the building. Fans have been terrific, really engaged. We have won 10 in a row at home. You can’t dispute the fact that Toyota Center is a tough place to play now. We’ll see what happens in the last 10 (home) games, if we can get our (sellout) record of last year. If we don’t get it, we will only miss it by one or two. It’s been a good season."

jonathan.feigen@chron.com

2. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Tad Brown cites the poor economy and the fact that Les Alexander doesn't want to punish the diehard fans for coming out to TC.

Classy move in my opinion.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

good. i suppose i will re-up for the 09-10 season.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats pretty cool to see

now if i only lived in houston then I could take advantage of this

that is if i wasnt already a rowdy

5. Kooshie

Kooshie Member

There's all this talk about having half the games being sold out? Well then what the hell is going on in the lower levels

It is DEAD

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

When I get back to Houston I'll be there 41 games a season. Can't wait :).

7. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

I wish the Texans would have done something similar to the Rockets instead of RAISING ticket prices.

8. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

That won't happen if Texans continue to sell out every home game ;)

9. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now if we can do something about moving out of section 421... :eek:

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Those are all sold out corporate owned seats with a waiting list. Usually, folks just hang out in the lounge area to talk business, if they go to the game.

11. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Great move by the organization. I will be renewing.

12. shioew

shioew Member

Maybe the one of the best threads in this bbs... :D